How often should I take my measurements?

Options
Hi I am new to this and want to track my measurements as well as weight-loss. I have decided to weigh myself once a week at the gym as I do a belly-dancing class there and I am sure their scales are much mire accurate than mine but I don’t know how often I should take measurements. I don’t want to do it too often and become disheartened but I do want to keep track because ultimately inches are more important to me than what I weigh.

How often do you take measurements? And how long was it before you started to see a drop?

Replies

• NureeniWright
    Options
    I tend to record my measurements every 5kg, but I usually see a bit of a reduction after about 2-3kg. The lower my weight is the less I have to lose to see a difference in centimetres.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Doing it by weight rather than time makes sense. Perhaps I'll do it once I've lost 10 pounds.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I take mine every two weeks and I've seen a drop every single time - not in all areas, but always some! Good luck to you.
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself and measure myself at the beginning and end of the month. However my main focus is measurements because sometimes the scale won't move but the measurements will....so I know that my body is changing.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I think perhaps I'll do it every 10 pounds or once a month, whatever comes around quicker.