stupid scales!!!!!

Options
So on jan1st when i joined i weighed myself at 160 i used one of those in town weighing things today an im 166!!!! so just wondering how reliable they arwe and if i should be using the same scales for every weigh in. xx

Replies

• mwownbey
    Options
    I think you should invest in a set of scales for your house. I weigh different amounts on different scales so it would be best to track your weight loss on the same scale.
  • patrios80
    Options
    I always use my home scale and weigh at the same time evry time I weigh in.
  • themightylewry
    Options
    Hi,

Don't worry too much about the town scales, I weigh myself everyday and get different results depending on where the scales are in the room!!. Keep using the same scales and weigh yourself roughly the same time everyday, this should give you are more accurate picture of your weight loss.

Good luck
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to weigh yourself on the same scale every time and at the same time of the day for an accurate comparison. Some people will tell you not to weigh yourself more than once a week which is probably good in the beginning. I can jump on the scale several times a day and since I am very aware of the fluctuations that i will find, it doesn't bother me. You'll have to learn for yourself how often is right.
  • jenfoxjercha
    jenfoxjercha Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use the same scale and weight in at the same time each time. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before I eat or drink because as the day goes on and you do those things your weight can change.
    Don't lose hope. You can do this. I have lost 21 pounds by the tracking on here. I was up to 30. I have to remember that the muscle I put on weights more than my fat did. I'm also down 4 pants sizes.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh in just 1 day a week, at about the same time and ALWAYS on the same scale. I started using the one in a community gym and decided to just get my own. I was going to the doctors so I weighted in on the scale in the office , came home and weighed in on my scale and it was almost 3 lbs difference. I now use my scale, weigh in first thing in the morning just before my shower. Works for me. Good Luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Do not rely on weight alone!

I cannot state how vital it is to take measurements.

For six weeks I didn't lose weight at all, scale didn't go up, nor down. Someone told me to measure myself every 3 to 4 weeks and it helped my sanity. I wasn't losing weight, but inches were coming off my waist. Don't give up and don't lose heart.