Saying farewell to cookies- my one week challenge

Options
I don't know about you, but cookies are my downfall. I thought I found a no guilt recipe, but after calculating the ingredients on my own I found out I was eating 100 calories a cookie, unlike the 30 calories the website claimed, which explains why I wasn't loosing weight. Gullible of me, eh? Well, I am going to challenge myself to not have one cookie for an entire week, from January 7th-January 14th. I think if i can get through a week their influence over me will not be as strong. I can use all the support I can get. My diary is open access, so if I slip everyone will see. The more people I have supporting me, the more likely i will be to reach my goal.

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Can you not fit it in your allowance so you can have just one, say in the evening?
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    wohooo! you can do it girl!
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Can you not fit it in your allowance so you can have just one, say in the evening?

^^ That might be a good idea eventually, but I fully support trying to go one week without them. They don't need to be a part of your daily diet so it's good practice for making one of them an occassional indulgence rather than an every day thing.
  • Andreinne
    Options
    Good luck! I'm doing the same thing. I'm like the Cookie Monster, hahaha, so I just threw them all in the trash. I have no cookies in my house right now.
  • fatpoppy
    fatpoppy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I too am going without biscuits with my cup of tea in the evening, starting from tomorrow. Trouble is my husband sits and eats his in front of me. Maybe I should just look the other way till he has eaten his.

At least will try it for the rest of this week and see.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I gave up 'giving up' and just watch the intake. I found, at least for myself, if I told myself NO then when the opportunity struck I would try to sneak one...or two. By NOT having them at home (cookies/candies) I limit my intake (I work from home a lot). If I want a treat I walk the 2+ mile round trip to store and back. I also limit it when at parties and other events.

Be careful with strict NO to yourself. The body knows a tasty treat and how to convince the mind to get it...
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think cookies are those things you just can't only eat just one. Good luck to you! You can do it. Keep them away from your pantry!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

^^ That might be a good idea eventually, but I fully support trying to go one week without them. They don't need to be a part of your daily diet so it's good practice for making one of them an occassional indulgence rather than an every day thing.

Your kidding.. right?

Cookies(and other junk) are totally fine to eat daily as long as you are eating the portion size and not going entirely insane, they fit in your calorie goal, and it's not all that you eat.

I've lost(and maintained for a year) by eating cookies/cake/ice cream/junk at least a little bit everyday. I'm a total sweet junkie, so going without is not an option... which is why MFP is wonderful.