Fasting question

Options
Every week I fast from Monday 6pm (usually stop eating by 2pm though) to Tuesday 6pm, so basically a 24 hour fast. I know fasting is a highly debated topic here, but I'm doing it for religious regions and not for diet / health / weight loss.

Should I be getting in all my calories then before 2pm? Or is okay to just have a low cal day on Monday & Tuesdays?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Every week I fast from Monday 6pm (usually stop eating by 2pm though) to Tuesday 6pm, so basically a 24 hour fast. I know fasting is a highly debated topic here, but I'm doing it for religious regions and not for diet / health / weight loss.

Should I be getting in all my calories then before 2pm? Or is okay to just have a low cal day on Monday & Tuesdays?

If gym performance and your general daily functioning isn't impaired then I would just make sure that your total intake over the course of the week is in an appropriate spot for your goals. (IE you'd eat a bit more on the non fasting days)

Wouldn't hurt to eat a bit more leading up to the fast and coming off of the fast.
  • Andreinne
    Options
    I think I remember reading that you should eat lightly when you're going on a fast, not stuff yourself right before. I think it's because it makes it harder to do, or something...
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice! i think i will probably just have low cal days monday & tuesday, then make up for it the rest of the week (: