Do I have gluten intollerance?

Options
Hey just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a sugg. after having gallbladder surgery 8 months ago I have had nothing but issues-I notice more so after eating carbs but it seems like food in general triples the size of my belly..weight is coming off everywhere else and I'm sooooo tired and cranky I work out 2-3 times per week at the moment ...just wondering if anyone else has answers to odd digestive issues.....

Replies

• mlidge
    mlidge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you're having such noticeable problems and you think they may be tied to your surgery, you should definitely go back to your doctor. No one here will be qualified to give you good advice, ESPECIALLY if it could be a complication from your surgery. Make an appointment, express your concerns to you doctor, and see what they say.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Agree you should see a doctor if it is linked to your surgery, it's worth keeping a detailed food and mood diary for them - every morsel that passes your lips and how you felt. Sometimes people assume that one food is the culprit and it is the serving size or another food that they are eating at the same time.

In the mean time be sure you are eating a balance of ALL the food groups, getting ALL the nutrients your body needs on a daily basis. You might also ask your doctor about a freeze dried probiotic (friendly bacteria) supplement and, if you are eating low fat, about a high strength omega-3 supplement. You might also try eating to balance your blood sugar and even to improve sleep quality.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Definitely contact your doctor...this is not something you should take random advice from strangers on the internet about.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you're having such noticeable problems and you think they may be tied to your surgery, you should definitely go back to your doctor. No one here will be qualified to give you good advice, ESPECIALLY if it could be a complication from your surgery. Make an appointment, express your concerns to you doctor, and see what they say.

Agree with this ^^