Graze box, anyone?

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
A friend in work asked me if i have graze boxs delivered to me. Tbh ive never heard of these ha! Anyway she gave me a code for a free box!

Ive just been online and seen thats its £3.89 for the box and you get 4 things inside. Is it worth the money? They look soo small and pointless =/ dont know if i should pay that much for a graze box every week or so?

Opinions pleaseee

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I really like them, I get the 'light' boxes so everything is under 150 cals. I have them fortnightly though not weekly.

Anyone interested in signing up HV9CGF3 will get you a free box
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I got the free one and then cancelled! I think they're a good idea if you work and want healthy things delivered to you there, but for me (student, at home most of the time) they're not really worth it regardless of how nice they are.

Besides, there's always the temptation to just munch through all of it in one go!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think if you have the money to spare/not ridiculously strapped for cash it's a great idea! I could order mine to make sure they would always be vegan and mostly nut free and they were always delicious. I'm sure you could buy dried berries/fruits/nuts/crackers etc. in bulk and it would be cheaper but you know... try your graze box and see :) (they have a really nice basil oil thing!)
  • izzie2012
    Options
    I'm trying them out :) it's worth getting the free one anyway! xx
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love them! I get the nutrition plan so get a mixture of olives, nuts/seeds, dried fruit and stuff like that--it definitely keeps me from raiding the candy machine at work!

The portions are only 38 grams, so some of my friends scoff at it (you know the "you could buy it in bulk so much cheaper" attitude) but I like the variety and the surprise element...and that someone else has portioned it out for me. Easily impressed I guess....
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I had them for a couple of months earlier this year. They are really good but over-priced and clearly they've put up the price a lot as they were only 2.99 a box when I was having them! I started buying lots of nuts, seeds etc from Holland and Barrett and making my own snack boxes and saved a lot of cash.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Not sure what a graze box is. . . But here in the midwest, they have a program called "Fruit My Cube". Various size boxes of fruit are delivered to your cubicle (cube) at work, for a reasonable price. It makes healthy eating more convenient. It's worth it to me.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i really liked the convenience and variety and had them fortnightly for a while, but since they put the price up its not worth the money. now that i have a little more time on my hands i do my own boxes to take to work for a snack i can get so much more at the supermarket for roughly the same money. but if you can afford it i'd give it a go i do miss having yummy things in the post x
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I get them and they work out at around 97p per portion. I get them weekly, so 4 healthy, low calorie snacks a week. I also buy nuts/seeds etc from the supermarket which probably works out cheaper by weight. I've been wondering if it's worth the cost, and the way I see it, is that the £3.89 it costs me a week, is less than a supermarket bought bottle of wine, which I am now not buying as I try to lose some weight. So I am substituting one 'treat' for a cheaper and more nutritious one. Also, 97p for a snack isn't too unreasonable, for example a small pot of yogurt and granola from my work canteen is £1.40 a portion. But for me, my biggest problem with weight control is portion sizes, and I really have to think with the bulk items, how much I should actually be having! But obviously, the graze box portions are already sorted!

So all in all, for me, they are brilliant! I usually take one to the gym and have one as a refuel after a work out, which is really handy to just grab one and stick it in my bag. Or if I know my other half is going to be a bit later home from work, I have one to tide me over until he's home, so I avoid high sugar biscuits or crisps.

One thing I would say you need to be careful of is that some of the snacks are small, and so not too many calories, but they are quite sugar dense, for example the vanilla seeds are absolutely divine, and very nutritious, but contain a fair whack of sugar.

Anyway hope this helps with anyone considering signing up for them!

Han x :heart:
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love these things, I have one every 8 weeks as you can keep pushing back your deliveries....and when they arrive at work i'm always so excited. I manage to keep the punnets in my bag as a rescue snack when I have nothing available. Some have chocolate in too and theyre gorgeous. You can tell them what you like and what you don't so each time you get a delivery you can be sure you'll like all of them. You also get your fifth box free each time so it works out as less than 3.89 :) x
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I get them fortnightly, and I love them. Yes they are expensive, but I use them as ideas to make up my own little mixes. I did say I might stop them after Christmas, but as someone pointed out, 97p for something healthy and delicious delivered right to your desk isn't that outrageous.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    LOVE em! I get them weekly and it's like Christmas. I mostly get the nut and seed boxes, but also some of the under 100 cal options.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I like them - I've been impressed with the quality and variety of the ingredients.
    The small portion size is handy when you are trying to stay within a calorie deficit.

The downside is that they are expensive for what they are, you could definitely save money by making your own healthy snacks.

Their cherry, apricot and goji berry mix is in my desk drawer......
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I get one every week, in fact one came in the post this morning. If you look at the cost in relation to the weight they are outrageously expensive. However if I went to Julian Graves and bought big bags of everything there is no way that I would control my portion sizes so well. So that makes it worth it for me. I have one punnet a day Mon-Thurs instead of a chocolate bar. The chocolate bar would cost about 70p a day, so it isn't that much more money and is much better for me.
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ive had the free one and am due torecieve my next one in two weeks i think there fab.low cals and a nice little suprise as to what your getting think i will be getting them fortnightly tho instead of weekly but you can get them when ever you want you just push back the delivery dates x
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't hit the floor as it comes through the letterbox, need to get the delivery day changed to one when the kids are at school.