How do you lose weight?

Options
What foods do you eat? How much? What work-outs do you do? How long do you do them and at what pace?

I want to lose 33 pounds so bad. I've always wanted to be 145 and I'm 178. /:

Food ideas, portions, work-outs and amount of times please!

Much appreciated <3

Replies

• Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I lost 40. I log my calories and my workouts. I ALWAYS eat my calories back and never ever go under 1200 because it hurts your metabolism. I use cups to measure my food instead of spoons.

I gave up soda but I still eat candy and chips, just in moderation. Lose the word diet in your vocab. This is a great site with lots of questions.

Good luck, you can do it. Make it a positive experience. Don't get discourage, if you have a bad day, there is always tomorrow.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, in moderation. There is no point in depriving yourself. Log your foods and work out what you can have for treats.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I go to the gym 3-4 times/week for 30-45 minutes/session. I do a mix (25/75?) of cardio and weights while I'm there. Aside from that I run 2-3 times/week anywhere from 20-45 minutes depending on how much steam I need to blow off.

I'd suggest using the food diary to track your eating habits. My eyes were opened big time when I began logging everything.
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It is great that you are motivated to get this process moving forward for yourself! I would like to ask the exact same questions of you that you have posted: What foods do you eat? How much? What workouts etc?

Each of us has different reactions to each of these aspects of metabolism so doing what I do might not work for you. I have all types of funky issues with foods: cannot do dairy, peanuts, wheat, etc etc.

Here is what I did find that works for me: I had to eat less and move more to get the weight to start moving in the right direction. I HATE to exercise in the morning so I have locked in a friend and we do 3 miles a night 4 to 5 times a week as our professional schedules allow. I feel less stressed, sleep better and have been happier with how my clothes fit and my overall sense of well being. The scale is not yet where I would like it to be but the positives at this time mean I am on the right track and headed in the correct direction!

You can do it too! Start with small changes to your diet, drink more water and less items with sugar or artificial sugar. Pay attention to how you feel each day based on what you are eating and how you are moving. Best of Luck!!
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit harsh, but here goes...

Your post is, I suggest, indicative of your problem. You started a thread asking for quick answers to your problem when this site is full of information about how to accomplish your goals. Indeed, the site is designed at its very core to give you the answers.

I mean, how much easier could it be? Weigh yourself, count your calories, add your exercise, and click the button at the end of the day.

There are countless threads about success stories, about food, about exercise, yet you start a thread asking for someone to give you all the answers.

There are no shortcuts. Do the work. Educate yourself. Change your habits and your life
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think it is really unfair to assume anything about anyone or what they meant. People need encouragement not assumptions. This should be a positive place to ask questions.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know what you mean as eating right can be confusing. You can eat the wrong stuff and still have a calorie deficit. Just type in Food Pyramid in your search in your browser and you'll get all kinds of info. Good luck!!
  • ninawinters7
    Options
    I've never been overweight in my life until I got pregnant and started "eating for two" (bad excuse for having no self control but I just figured that the weight will come off quickly after I give birth). BIG MISTAKE! I always thought I had a fast metabolism and that losing weight shoul not be an issue (after all, it's quite simple: you just reduce the number of calories and start working out - well it turns out it isn't simple at all!). after gaining more than 40lbs I found out that something in my body changes, I had a significantly lowe metabolism and losing weight was nearly impossible! I tried cutting down on junk food, eating healthy, jogging - what not! I even went on some crazy fad diets but I would lose 4 -5lbs and gain them back as soon as I went on to a healthier diet. With the advice of my sister I went on the African Mango Diet (very skeptical at first since I've always thought of these kind of diets as scams - and most are) and to my great sursprise the weight started to fall off at an amazing rate. I'm back to eating healthy since I know that a diet should not be a quick fix but a way of life...but I really believe that it helped me get into the process of weight loss and more importantly gave me MOTIVATION to keep losing weight and not surrender to bad eating habits. I still have a long way to go (18lbs) but I'm feeling energetic than ever. Whichever diet plan you choose the most important thing is to stay motivated - thats the only way you can lose weight. [mod edit to remove link]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!