5. Respect Your Fullness
6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor
7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food
8. Respect Your Body
9. Exercise--Feel the Difference
10 Honor Your Health

Read more here: http://www.intuitiveeating.org/content/10-principles

Any Intuitive Eaters out there?
This book changed the way I thought about weight, dieting, exercise, and nutrition - it is one of the main reasons I was able to accomplish a fifty pound weight-loss and keep it off for over a year now. I highly recommend it to everyone, but especially those who struggle with maintaining a healthy body image.

Replies

• zenkat31
    zenkat31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Reading the book now, and really intrigued! I have researched this before, but have been to chicken to "let go" enough to try it. Can you say a little about your "process" with this? Things you found challenging, or things you found most helpful in getting started?
  • Carla246
    Carla246 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this! I just found a book about mindful eating, and I'm working through it right now. Mindless eating is definitely my biggest challenge, so I'm hoping that documenting my eating will really help.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The biggest challenge for me in eating intuitively is learning to listen to my body.
    It takes a monumental amount of self-reflection and self-control to slow down the process by which we think about the role of food in our lives and make an informed, grounded decision about what to eat, when, where, how much, and why.
    While at it's core it is simply getting back to the basics - there's no obsessive calorie counting, restrictions, etc. - it is certainly not easy. But if you are tired of the old dynamics of dieting, it's definitely worth it.
  • zenkat31
    zenkat31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you -- I am looking forward to getting back to a more natural relationship with food, and re-learning my body's signals!