Turmeric ?

Options
Any feedback ? Do you take it pill or powder form? I was looking into this, I feel like it's going to be the next Acai powder.

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It's normally found in curry powder mixes ... do you like curry? I'm guessing the spice is probably going to be a lot cheaper than a pill that claims to be a miracle cure or whatever.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I use the spice mostly on fish and chicken along with cayenne pepper. My mom puts it in her oatmeal. She says it helps her knee pain.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I also use it on my fish and chicken... I won't buy in a pill what I could eat naturally.
  • celena1031
    Options
    I have recently read that turmeric is used in several forms, including a paste, and it helps with acnes, blemishes, and weight loss...there are lots of forums on them if you google.
  • MarjBSN
    MarjBSN Posts: 2
    Options
    It is a really good spice. It will enhance the flavor of most any meat or fish. Put it in soups, stews, rice piliaf etc. It is associated with a lower incidence of alzheimers. Use it abundantly!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Use it in your cooking, if you like it. I always look askance at these kinds of trends because no food is good for you in excess, and any food can fit into your diet in moderation; so-called "superfoods" always seem to draw people away from sensible eating and towards trend-driven dieting, which is always risky.
  • sparklebritches
    Options
    I've gotten good deals at places like iHerb and Vitacost for supplements. I was simply buying the powder in bulk and dumping in orange juice (not that bad!) but then I read that it needs some sort of pepper extract for maximum absorbency.

Super fabulous miracle cure? Probably not. I bought it when I was struggling with acne. I've recently started using it again after hurting my arm and now it's magically better seemingly overnight......

Personally, I'd eat lots of curried foods and save my money for high quality vitamins that offer a range of nutrients. (if I had not already bought it)
  • rhodacrook
    Options
    As well as helping with metabolism and skin clearing properties,Tumeric Root is ALSO a great way to help with inflamation, joint pain, swelling, bruising and boosting your immunity. It is a great all around healing herb. There are a few different ways to take Tumeric; If you are not inclined to cook with tumeric everyday to get your daily dose, you can take it in pill form ( Tumeric Force by New Chapter is a great one) or you can take it in the form of a tincture (A liquid form. The root is soaked in alcohol to extract it proporties). It tastes pretty nasty but you can mix it with a little water to wash it down quick. Avena Botanicals (www.avenabotanicals.com) makes a great tumeric tincture as well as other herbal tinctures that I have found to be extrememly helpful. I think they might also sell the New Chapter Tumeric pill. Hope this helps!