Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

January Jillian Michael's Challenge for Beginners

I love Jillian Michael's DVD's but I have yet to complete 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30.... Life happens, whether it be injuries, work, or other obligations.

I propose that we commit to "20 Days of JM's" .... That way we can take rest days when needed but still accomplish our goal of 20 workouts... and if you happen to do 30 workouts then even better! Whatever JM's DVD you have access to will work for this challenge.

I will create a ticker at Tickerfactory.com and update in this thread as I go.

Ready, set, go!

Replies

• melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Hi there,

I love the idea of this challenge. As I am training for a half-marathon - I do a lot of training (running) outdoors, so would struggle with a commitment like this every day. I think 20 days out of 30 is definitely do-able.

What DVD do you reccommend ? I've lots of friends who love her - she is pretty hardcore though! :)

Let me know what you think will work in a small flat - some DVDs you need a lot of room, so wouldn't work for me.. I would end up bashing in to furniture LOL! :)

xx
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    I'll be alternating between 30 Day Shred, Shred-It with weights, Kickbox Fast Fix, and Ripped in 30. I'll just choose whatever I'm in the mood for.

exercise.png
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    sounds good to me! been meaning to start it and think il start tonight with 30day shred !!
  • soniabogonia
    Hi there,

I love the idea of this challenge. As I am training for a half-marathon - I do a lot of training (running) outdoors, so would struggle with a commitment like this every day. I think 20 days out of 30 is definitely do-able.

What DVD do you reccommend ? I've lots of friends who love her - she is pretty hardcore though! :)

Let me know what you think will work in a small flat - some DVDs you need a lot of room, so wouldn't work for me.. I would end up bashing in to furniture LOL! :)

xx

Hi. Half marathons are awesome and I think this challenge would be great for your training. I would recommend Shred-It with weights because there is less cardio and you are already going to be doing a lot of cardio on your running days. The resistance training will be very good to strengthen your core and arms which are very important in running.

There are other JM's DVD that I have not tried for example the "6 week 6 pack" and "No more trouble zones" So maybe other people can chime in with their recommendations.

Is this your first Half???
  • melanie3103
    Hi there,

sounds good - sounds like you've got the full set of DVDs there - they must be good huh. do I need any equipment for the weights one - I don't have any free weights or resistance bands. Like the idea of less cardio - keep the heart rate up but you are concentrating on strength and toning rather than getting sweaty. Will look online now at the different DVDs. Thanks a lot, I needed a kick up the butt.. just what I needed.

And yes this is my first half. Done 3-4 shorter ones last year - 3x 5km races and then I did a 10km race in October. Half Marathon in Reading is 17th March. Getting anxious about it now.

I'm getting married in April - so it's all go! :)
  • 2rnip
    2rnip Posts: 49 Member
    I started "Body Revolution" and today it's my 6th day. I'm VERY obese, but apart from two or three exercises (like the plank) I find it quite doable for a person with absolutely zero condition.
  • soniabogonia

do I need any equipment for the weights one - I don't have any free weights or resistance bands.

It recommends a kettle bell but I do it with free weights.... (5, 8, or 10) whatever you are comfortable with for about 20 reps.
  • melanie3103
    Ah ok, great. Thanks so much. :)

so how does this challenge work then ? Just logging number of workouts completed OR are we pre-measuring and post-measuring or ??

:):)
  • 2rnip
    Gk2La.jpg
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    I am doing Jillian Michael's yoga meltdown. I did it Wednesday - Friday last week and did other cardio over the weekend. And I am picking it back up today. I also have the 30 day shred but don't have any weights so have to wait to get those before I can also do that one. But until then I am just going to do the yoga meltdown which is a good hard work out too!
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    I started the 30DS yesterday but I'm not sure I'll be doing it everyday. My goal is definitely to hit the treadmill for at least 30mins each day and then if I still have time I'll do the Shred.

As for NEEDING weights....try grabbing a can or two from the cupboard to start! The first level is simple but if you haven't worked out like that, jumping in using 5lb weights might make you sore. Trust me! LOL I'm dying today! LOL
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks I never thought about just using a can. Now I can alternate between the two videos I have.
  • 2rnip
    or if you need something heavier:
    yGZpG.jpg
  • Kyrren
    Kyrren Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in! I have 30DS and have been meaning to get to it. This is the motivation I need. 20 out of 30 days: I can do this!
  • soniabogonia
    Day 1 Shred-it w Weights Level 1

Day 2 Shred-It w Weights Level 2

exercise.png
  • soniabogonia
    Day 1 Shred-it w Weights Level 1
    Day 2 Shred-It w Weights Level 2
    Day 3 Ripped in 30 Level 3

exercise.png

[