'Cereal' breakfast skipper....

Options
Any ideas for breakfasts - Low calorie and fat content, quick and easy ...

Thanks!

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    As an intermittent faster, I would say that if you don't want to eat breakfast.... don't.

There's lots to read on the net about skipping breakfast (particularly not having a low fat breakfast).

http://www.gnolls.org/2181/the-breakfast-myth-part-2-the-art-and-science-of-not-eating-breakfast/
  • lisagood10
    lisagood10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much! :)
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't do cereal often, because I find that it gives me the "shakes" by 10 am. I need more protein.

My basic go-to is high protein Greek yogurt with some high fiber cereal/granola, chia seeds and fruit/jam. This is a breakfast that will keep my body happy for the morning without the unnecessary shakes.

Other times, I'll make eggs. One of my favorite things to do is scramble 2 eggs with cheese, top with 1/2 avocado and some salsa.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/01/south-beach-diet-phase-one-breakfast.html?m=1

Make a casserole in the beginning of the week and then have a piece every day.

good luck!
  • lisagood10
    lisagood10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - Will give them all a go! Good Luck!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you like hard boiled eggs, boil some ahead of time, and keep them in the fridge. A piece of toast, with a hard boiled egg is quick and easy. Top with a little horseradish, franks red hot sauce, or mustard for a little extra flavor.
  • Clhumpal
    Clhumpal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my 3 favorite breakfasts -

overnight steel cut oats - put in slow cooker with water and frozen peaches (and/or blueberries or blackberries)
    in the am eat a serving with a dollop of vanilla yogurt, and pack up the rest for future breakfasts (can freeze some servings too, if you wish)

egg muffin - spray a cereal bowl and put in an egg (scramble or poke the yoke) some green peppers and halved grape tomatoes (sometimes I use onion, spinach, zuchinni....) cook one min in the microwave and serve on an english muffin (sometimes with pepper-jack or feta cheese)

I also love peanut butter and banana...mmmmm
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie every day; frozen berries, frozen banana, chia seeds, almond milk. I just started adding almond butter for protein but that is high in fat. You could add protein powder - I don't like the paste.

If you have an extra $400 to spend the Blendtec blender rocks! It takes 3 minutes to clean and I leave the house with a big smoothie and drink it in my car on my way to work
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    As an intermittent faster, I would say that if you don't want to eat breakfast.... don't.

^^ This. I am an IFer and love it. It's not for everyone, but check it out. Eating breakfast isn't required to "jump start" your metabolism. Check out leangains.com or http://rippedbody.jp/.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha, that title was amazing.
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I fry 2 egg whites every morning while in the midst of getting ready for work - it might be super boring, but its super easy and I roll it up like a burrito with a napkin around it and take it with me when I really need to jet out the door fast. Since its protein, it guarantees I can hold off hunger till about 11am when I have a snack.