50 years old and on disability. Had RNY 3/9/2012!

Options
Hello! I am trying to get some sort of a life back! After years of pain and increasing disability my career in nursing was robbed from me by degenerative disc disease, arthritis as well as a multitude of other problems. Out of desperation I had RNY as I am tired of being tired and in pain! I hope that my journey can be an inspiration to others and that I can help others from becoming as disabled as I am from Morbid Obesity! I am totally new to this app but LOVE the features and hope to learn how to find new friends and add to my support system.:smile:

Replies

• Nana920
    Nana920 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Theresa....just read your post today. I too am disabled and obese. You have done so well. Hope to see you on MFP again.
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I can relate - I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have degenerative disc disease with herniated discs in my neck and lower back. I've lost 36 pounds so far and I'm 4 pounds away from my first goal of 40lbs and then I'll begin on my next goal of 40lbs.

You can do this! :) It may be a little slower, due to your health problems, but you can do it! I'm taking it slow, because I learned early on, that if I over-do it, then I'll be flat on my back for weeks and have to start all back over again.

Good luck!