Help..need a way to make some steak faijtas

Options
I've been craving some steak faijtas. I don't want the tortillas that go with faijtas but I love the steak and peppers etc. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had some low calorie way of making them or would know how to figure out how many calories are in them I can't find it anywhere. Help me please!!!

Thanks

Replies

• candicecumbie
    Options
    You can buy the fajita mix at most grocery stores (McCormick has 0 calories per serving) with the Mexican food. Flank Steak (what you use) has around 43.7 calories per oz. The bell pepper 1 cup 25 calories and onions 1 cup 64 calories a tablespoon on oil would have 120 calories.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use a lean piece of steak and strip it out. Stir fry it with onions and peppers. I use garlic and olive oil. I put my mix on tortillas from La Tortilla Factory - they have 50 calories each and like 12 carbs AND they're good sized. I use shredded cheese and they are about 200 calories each. I can eat two if I work at it. Sometimes I add some fresh pico de gallo.

I'm also a huge fan of steak. I stir fry steak the same way I just described and put it on whole grain rice. Quick and easy.
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    There are frozen steak fajati kits in grocery freezer section. I use this meat with peppers and onions and put it on a low carb totilla. I also do an omelette with this, lit sour cream, salsa and a slice of avocado. Its about 130 calories for 4 oz.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I marinate a flank steak in orange juice, salsa, cumin, garlic and a dash of crushed red pepper overnight, grill it, slice up a serving and add some peppers and onions and brown rice or corn tortillas........mmmmmmmmmm

1 lb steak
    1 cup oj of choice
    1/2 cup salsa
    1 tsp cumin
    2 cloves garlic (less if you like)
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
    oh, and a tablespoon of cider vinegar.
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    I marinate a flank steak in orange juice, salsa, cumin, garlic and a dash of crushed red pepper overnight, grill it, slice up a serving and add some peppers and onions and brown rice or corn tortillas........mmmmmmmmmm

1 lb steak
    1 cup oj of choice
    1/2 cup salsa
    1 tsp cumin
    2 cloves garlic (less if you like)
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
    oh, and a tablespoon of cider vinegar.

YUMMY!!!!! Im trying this!
  • elizabeth1222
    Options
    Steak (Or Chicken) Fajitas
    These are so quick and tasty--you can use strips of boneless chicken breast instead of the beef. Feel free to double the marinade. The flavour is so great for such a short marination time...you can can do them up ahead of time and have the meat sit longer if you wish.
    SERVES 8 , 8 fajitas
    Ingredients
    3/4 lb top sirloin steak
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1 garlic clove, finely minced
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
    1-2 onions, we usually use approx. 1-2 depending on size (however much you like,enough to make a good mix with the peppers)
    2 small sweet peppers, of your choice (green, red, or yellow)
    Toppings
    salsa
    sour cream
    shredded cheese
    chopped tomato
    Directions
    1Slice steak into thin strips.
    2In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
    3Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
    4Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
    5Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
    6In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
    7Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
    8Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
    9Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
    10To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.
    Serving Size 1 (172g)

Recipe makes 8 servings

Calories 275
    Calories from Fat 139 (50%)
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Total Fat 15.5g 23%
    Saturated Fat 4.8g 24%
    Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 41mg 13%
    Sodium 368mg 15%
    Potassium 285mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 18.5g 6%
    Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6%
    Sugars 2.0g
    Protein 14.8g 29%
  • DogsRule666
    Options
    These recipes are making me hungry
  • buttercupke
    Options
    Thanks so much I can't wait to try these!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump