need motivation

Options
i have not been on for a while and my weight is kinda staying the same.. but i dont want to gain back.. and i am so not motivated to exercise because i got a job at night and tired during the days. anyone have any helpful hints?? i need a motivational talk....

thanks

Replies

• Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can find someone who'll motivate you to exercise during the day. Even finding 10 minutes at first to take a brisk walk will help. You said that you were tired during the day, but exercising will give you more energy in the long run. ; )
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    what's your schedule like?? Are you not motivated to go to the gym?? Or do you workout at home??
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    And Heather is absolutely correct, exercise WILL give you more energy. Take it from someone that use to sleep for 10+ hrs a day and STILL had to drag himself out of bed, falling asleep everywhere, and feeling chronically fatigued. All that changed when I decided I was going to exercise and get back into shape, and the rest has been history.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I agree that exercise does help with energy and motivation but I also how hard it is to work nights. You didn't say if you work late into the evening or all night (I have done both). For 10 years I worked 1:00-9:30PM if I got off on time. A lot of times it was 10:30. I also worked as a police dispatcher for years with a rotating schedule and I dreaded my months on the graveyard shift. Make sure you are getting enough nutrition and water because meals can be a challenge as well as sleep. As hard as it is.try and get into bed as soon as you can after you get off work so you are able to get up within a reasonable time that would allow for some exercise. It takes a lot of discipline because you are not working the same hours as everyone else and there is a tendency to want to stay up after getting off of work. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou: