*New Member* Looking for MFP friends

Options
I lost 30lbs over 12 years ago. I gained it all back.. plus! I've been through a lot in the past. I'm ready to get MY LIFE BACK and be healthy!! I'm looking for MFP friends who are willing to provide support and encouragement. I set a goal of 60lbs to lose. I would like to eventually lose 100lbs. I get discouraged with that number..100...100 UGH! :frown:

Replies

• apelowski
    Options
    I just started an account with MFP since a friend of mine mentioned this site as a tool for those wanting to lose weight. I am amazed at how easy and convinent this web page is to use. I'm also looking for some friends to help me support and to help support me through this new life style. I have been through a lot the past few years and have put the weight on and now looking forward to a new year and a new me! :tongue:
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 60 lbs as well.. (actually more like 80) It seems to be an attainable goal. 6 months, 60 lbs. lol Summer body, wear shorts again without someone laughing at my cellulite. This is 2013, 13 being my lucky number so it's gotta work out right?
  • I'm roughly 20 pounds over my desired weight, and since I've been surrounded by super skinny friends and freaky fast metabolisms, I decided I should make a change, being 2013 and all :) You can add me as a friend if you'd like some support! I'd like some friends too since I'm embarassed to talk to anyone I personally know about my weight insecurities. I seriously want to make a change to prove to myself that I can do something once I set my mind to it. Trying to swing my life back around, both faith wise and life wise.

InshAllah Means "God Willing" and SubhanAllah means "Praise the Lord!"
  • HappyNewSarah
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm in the same boat. I actually have an ultimate goal of 120. I've found breaking it up into 20 lb increments helps a lot. I set reasonable time frames to reach each in and I"m just looking forward to ONEderland right now.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm in the same boat. I actually have an ultimate goal of 120. I've found breaking it up into 20 lb increments helps a lot. I set reasonable time frames to reach each in and I"m just looking forward to ONEderland right now.

Agreed! I've used the tens rule myself. Now that I'm closer to goal, it's gotten a lot harder so I switched to jeans sizes. One size every 2 months - I've got to get from 12 to 8 by summer! Went shopping a few weeks ago and found some summer pants on sale so I bought a pair of 10s and a pair of 8s (for like $5 each) for motivation.

In addition to these size-related goals, I also find it useful to pick an activity I've never been able to do before and try to accomplish it. My trainer has always told me that you never know what you can do until you try it and accomplishing something new makes me feel super empowered and hungry for the next goal. Goals for this month:

Learn to ski
    Get the size 12s to fit a little looser

11894292.png
  • StokleyD
    StokleyD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also just joined MFP and am new to the site. my goal is to just be healthy in general. Yes my weight loss goal is 40 lbs but if i only loose 20 i'll be happy with that. Just making the small changes in life will improve health over all. I need motivators so all is welcomed :)
  • toaoLIZ
    toaoLIZ Posts: 16
    Options
    hi and welcome ! i also am looking to lose a good 70ish pounds .

everyone - feel free to add me :) always looking for more friends to give and receive support/motivation .
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello. I competely understand. I am here for support if you want it. Feel free to add me.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome. I need to lose 59 more pounds. would love fo support you.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... well, close to it. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of months because I'm pretty sure I gained a few pounds over the holiday season. I have roughly 20 pounds to lose. At home (around my family and friends) I'm the fattest one, and at work I fit it quite nicely (haha). I want to get healthier, mostly. I'm anemic (not because I don't eat iron rich foods, my body uses more of it, so I require more than the average person) and now that I'm in my early- 30s I need to focus on Calcium intake as well.
  • kslager77
    kslager77 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Everyone can use support! Good Luck!
  • aimes8
    aimes8 Posts: 12
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • Gina1955
    Gina1955 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only wonderful things to come in 2013!!
  • luv2camp
    luv2camp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you wish. I have started back and going to make a better effort
  • luv2camp
    luv2camp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would like to wear a bathing suit and strut my stuff on the beach!!! This is going to be my summer!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm now about 26kg (57lbs) overweight... Losing 30kg (66lbs) is my ultimate goal for the first half of 2013. I started my weight loss journey in September and lost over 10kg (22+lbs) Sep-Dec. I've only been here for a week, so I'm still looking for friends.