what do I need to do to get flat abs????

Options
I just turned 30 years old, I am 5'3 and 139 lbs. my goal is 125-130. I am watching what I eat and doing cardio but my problem area is my stomach. I have 3 children and I don't know how to get my abs flat! My measurments are 36-32-37 I would like to see a few inches of my waist without completly losing my butt. I know there is no way to lose in one spot- but is there an ab routine that will help? Maybe foods to stay away from?

Replies

• mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    The most popular response will likely be to eat cleaner i.e cut down on processed foods and eat good lean meat etc. Lifting some weights has also become popular amongst women for a better, overall shape. Its normally the case that you lose more inches than weight with doing this so it might be a good idea to take your measurements if you do go along this route. Good luck.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, so eat healthy, and at a deficit. You can do planks, which I find pretty good at tightening my core.
  • nboot1
    nboot1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I need help with eating clean- does this mean nothing but freash fruit and veggies, lean meats...is there a web site with more info?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Lower your body fat percentage rather than watching the scale weight, so eat more protein, lift some heavy things and your abs will soon flatten out. Build some lean mass...or muscle...
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I need help with eating clean- does this mean nothing but freash fruit and veggies, lean meats...is there a web site with more info?
    Clean is a relative term, you ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different definitions.
    You pretty much got the right idea though.

Also you may want to look up IIFYM (If it fits your macros/flexible dieting) and see if you'd much rather do that. Basically its a eating plan that allows you to eat anything and everything as long as it meets your macro-nutrient goals. Careful though, a common problem with this method is people have trouble finding the discipline to control their portions and end up overindulging. But it's definitely worth looking into if you have to time.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ^
    what this guy said.....you don't have to eat chicken and rice 24/7 but you do have to watch what you eat. Also work those abs like you would any other muscle. Yeah abs are made in the kitchen, but they're perfected in the gym
  • Mattf450
    Mattf450 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To keep your butt while cutting do deep squats