meal times?

Options
Is there any truth in something I read that you should only eat beween 8am and 5pm?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    No truth to it at all.

You can eat right up until the minute lay down in bed and still lose weight as long as you are under your calories.

If timing was true people who work afternoon or nights would be screwed and would barely eat.

Some people tell themselves that they aren't allowed to eat after a certain time because they tend to snack a lot and having a cut off time helps them to not snack.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    :huh:

Eat when you want, within your calorie allowance and you will see results.
  • suebaird9
    Options
    My husband and I have just been having this same conversation and I agree that providing you have calories left to play with it doesn't make any difference whatsoever to your weight loss.
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    I used to think so, but now I know it doesn't really matter regarding body composition. I used to do the whole 5-6 small meals strictly 3 hours between each other and nothing else but when I eat whenever I could and maintained the same calories and my personal macros I noticed no change whatsoever, just less stress and ability to enjoy my day without stressing over a meal twenty minutes over the time I scheduled to have it :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Nope. Meal timing doesn't make a bit of difference as far as weight loss goes.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Is there any truth in something I read that you should only eat beween 8am and 5pm?

None.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    no, calories don't know what time it is
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The time is only relevant compared to when you sleep. Eating less than 2 hours before you go to bed will give you bad dreams, perhaps even the dreaded Iguana Dream.

Now while the Iguana dream is terrifying it will not scare you to death in your sleep, but it will haunt you to your very dying day.

It will not however affect your weight loss unless you go over your calorie allotment.
  • Catplumb
    Catplumb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And I will watch out for the iguanas!!!