Ok so I have the numbers...

Options
This morning, I had a test done that specifically measures MY RMR (or BMR) and MY TDEE. I have numbers specific to me, finally! No guessing with a formula! No janky, body fat hand-held measure thing, no tape measures.....a legit, sit in a pressurized pod in a swimsuit, breathing into a tube actual TEST. Now I know my body fat percentage, RMR and TDEE. But....

Can someone help me plug these numbers into MFP so it can be MOST beneficial for me? :flowerforyou:

I'm anxious to get this going RIGHT!

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Set your goal for somewhere between your BMR and TDEE. TDEE - 500 = 1lb/week loss
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    so what were the numbers and what are you trying to achieve?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    so what were the numbers and what are you trying to achieve?

this...?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me plug these numbers into MFP so it can be MOST beneficial for me?

What are your goals? It's hard to know what will be beneficial to you without knowing what you want to achieve.

Supposing you want to lose weight, set your MFP goal to TDEE and eat less than is. 250 cals less per day for 1/2lb loss, 500 cals less per day for 1lb loss.
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Are you asking what to set your numbers at, or how to do it? If you're asking how to do it, go to the "My Home" tab and under that, click on Goals. Then at the bottom,, click on "Change Goals" and there you can set your calories and other micros to whatever you want.

(Edited for typo)
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Karen. That's basically the answer I was looking for. I'm trying to lose about a pound a week.

I guess I'm trying to find out that "magic number" that I should eat in order to lose.
  • firstnamekaren
    Options
    RMR is 1437 and TDEE is 2184 with the "low active" setting that came with the test paperwork - I have a desk job and workout 3-4 times a week for about an 30-60 minutes.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Was this a Bod Pod test? If so, I just want to warn you that the RMR is not accurate with Bod Pod. It's just an estimate using a formula. I had an actual RMR test done (maybe you did too, not sure!) followed by a Bod Pod test to get my BF%. The Bod Pod estimated my RMR at about 1433 but the actual RMR test said 1662!
  • firstnamekaren
    Options
    It was a Bod Pod test, and I didn't have another test done after that.
  • firstnamekaren
    Options
    Alright so TDEE - 500 gave me a number that is pretty high. Well, higher than my previous setting. I had my cals set up to 1500 and now it's set to 1684. This makes me nervous!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    How long have you had your calories set at 1500 and what kind of results were you getting? Based on what you have said, if you logged everything perfectly we we all lived in a perfect world, you should have been averaging about 1.368 lb/wk at 1500.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I personally didn't adjust my calorie target based on the RMR test results. I was losing at a decent, but slow pace before the test (average .8 lbs. per week) so saw no reason to change it, even though I could have upped my target 200 calories a day according to the test. I tend to go over my calories by a small amount at least half the time so having that buffer there was good. I could up my calories, and strive not to go over, but I know myself LOL.