Looking to lose 25 lbs and be healthy!

Options
Hi Everyone!

After staring at my fitness pal app for the last year, I've decided to give it a whirl. I'm not going to lie, I'm a big talker when it comes to losing weight. I have every app,book,pinned every healthy recipe on pinterest but I lack is the motivation to do ;) So enough is enough and I'm ready for this journey! Any tips would be appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I find that planning my meals ahead really helps me. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck! :happy:
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Admitting what you need help with is the first step to reaching your goal! Feel free to add me! And welcome to the world of "Getting Fit & Healthy!"
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You made me chuckle. You could be describing me.

My tip is just get stuck in, even if you just record everything you eat you will see where calories could be saved, it is surprising that some foods I classed as 'diet' were actually high calorie.
  • jjanevic
    jjanevic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    add me as a friend - i just started and also want to lose 20 lbs - 3 kids too!
  • hexs92
    hexs92 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is a great site that has a lot of people who don't mind giving out support so I'm sure you'll find plenty of people! Also I've learned that keeping snacks out of the house really helps because it's much less tempting to eat junk when its not staring you in the face. Feel free to add me =]
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristi -- looks like we have relatively the same goal. I'm shooting for about 20 pounds, but it's rough going. Hoping the MFP community can help me stay accountable. :)
  • runfrazierrun
    Options
    Feel free to add me lol

Saying you want to lose weight is definitely easier than doing it. Having cheerleaders always help!

You just have to stay motivated! you can do it!
  • kristilynn75
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Im already feeling carb withdrawal...yikes!