What if my scale is off?

bacallmarie
bacallmarie Posts: 25
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
The scale I have been using is already on the one or two lb mark without anything on it. Is there a way to read this correctly? Should I subtract/add 1 or 2lbs or is the scale just off and I should use a different one? And how do I know if a scale is an accurate one or not? Thanks for the help = )

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    if you can't manually alter the starting number to 0, just take the weight as truth. as long as you are weighing yourself on the same scale each time it will still give an accurate measurement of any losses or gains. i know on my Wii i am 186 lbs but on my bathroom scale i am 185. since i have always taken my weight measurements from my Wii, that is the correct number for my weigh-ins.

it's just about consistency. good luck!
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    I also use my wii,though My wii and my reg scale are like 5 pounds off,But I use my wii for my weigh-ins! try putting a dumbbell on it to to if its right on,then it will be.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    So the thing is, a scale (any scale) should be used for delta's only. I know this is difficult for most people, but try to forget about the overall weight it is saying, because home use scales are very inaccurate.

But they are consistently inaccurate. I.E. if it's off by a pound, it'll probably always be off by a pound, so even though you can't get an accurate total weight, you CAN get an accurate change in weight over the course of weeks or months. That's what you need to pay attention too, your change in weight. If your scale's off by 2 or 3 lbs, it doesn't matter, as long as it stays off by that much every time you weigh in, your still getting accurate results for weight loss.
  • thank you!
This discussion has been closed.