Walkers of the world UNITE!

Options
13»

Replies

• lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Okay guys, you've inspired me.
    Now that I'm done with school, Operation "Walk my Butt Off" has begun. I did 40 minutes of Tae Bo this morning and was going to call it good. I got motivated by all of you and instead of walking to pick up my daughter from daycare, I hoofed it for an hour and ten minutes. Right now in Iowa it's sweltering and humid and I stink to high heaven. I'm proud of myself and I'm going to aim for a morning workout AND an afternoon workout as well. I'm in!....:blushing: :happy:
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good job!

I did 70 mins, and 452 calories. But I think its time to increase my intensity. I am going to try to figure out the intervals program on my treadmil. I am really hoping to get a long outdoor hike sometime this week, with OUT the kids- or at least the 2 yr old.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to walk 4 miles tonight with my DH. Getting those shoes on.....
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you guys!!!
    Keep it up!
    You're becoming more & more healthy with every step!

Happy Walking!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

Just finished a two mile walk today. I'm really enjoying this walking program!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Did my 4-mile walk last night, and did water aerobics; and gained a pound! I think the water saturated my body....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lisarae
    Options
    Checking in...
    Did an hour this morning pushing a double stroller and sweating my rear off. I wish they had calories burned/stroller as an option!

Just finished another 40 minutes with DH and kids. Not as fast (he's slow:grumble: ), but it'll have to do.

Keep it up fellow walkers!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Just got done doing 1.34 miles @ 3.5 speed.
    Time to put the girls to bed.

Great job walkers!!
    2morrow is another day!

• Healthier_Me
    Options

Did an hour this morning pushing a double stroller and sweating my rear off. I wish they had calories burned/stroller as an option!
    Check here:
    http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Walking around a lake is the best, once you start you are going for 3 miles or whatever......then you count laps, not miles and before you know it you have gone 12 miles :) Thanks for the push, I am tired but putting my shoes on and going out for a walk now!! I love this website!

I love to walk, but even I think I would notice 12 miles! :laugh:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the wonders of the pedometer yet. I've worn one for two years, and still challenge myself with it. I count "steps" with everything: yoga, 60 minutes, 3500 steps; basic weight training, 60 minutes, 6000 steps; hard weight training 7000 steps; hard aerobics class (tae bo and the like), 9000 steps. It's very much like walking for calories. My pedometer cost $12 and does active steps as well (10 minutes of solid walking or more). I can't sing the pedometer's praise enough. Go get one!
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished two miles! Feeling great!:bigsmile:
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did mine today as well. DH noticed that my legs are really starting to tone up! Finally. Sheesh honey- I only power walk 70 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Bout time you check out me legs. Ha- men.
  • lisarae
    Options
    I walked this morning for 60 minutes before the rain came AGAIN. Everyday this week it has severely stormed here in Iowa. Luckily, I've been able to squeeze a good walk in between torrents of rain, lightening and hail :grumble: . My poor dad's crops are swimming out there. Anyone else in any other state like to get some of our rain? I'll send it over. :smile: