Where does your motivation come from?

Options
My motivation comes from God, when I was ready to call it quit, I was moved by God to get in shape and help my family get in shape. So here I am. I never before wanted to diet or exercise, but now I can't wait for the next day. I am really excited about my results so far. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you, being able to find something or someone that really motivates you is an awesome thing! Keep up the good work!
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    God, the scale, my clothes not fitting, High Bold pressure and Diabetes. That was enough for me
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Definitely I'm not sure it was from god persay, but I had gotten news that my cholesterol was a a little high & my kidneys were a bit inflamed which sounded crazy to me, because I don't do any types of drugs, so that was the point where it was time to get my weight & eating in check which I immediately did & lost the weight & everything is back to normal on the cholesterol & kidneys.:-)
    By the way I knew I could always lose the weight anytime I had wanted to but always put it off for later in the future procrastination that's my thing I have to get over it. So in a way yes I believe it can be from God a wake up call, to get things in order, because as we all know God does work in mysterious ways.:smile:

Jason
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    My motivation comes from my clothes:(
    I was going to go out to dinner the other and i got dressed and couldn't get into any of my nice going out clothes (i had to get my boyfriends strength to help squeeze me into my jeans-the got the dreaded muffin top anyway)....
    So i want to fit into all my favourite clothes and look and feel good in them:)
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Yes! My motivation comes from my God given blessings....thier names are Austin, Corey and Michael....aka my boys and my hubby : ) I also have high blood pressure and a family history of diabetes. So, I do my best to move more and eat healthier. We are all better as a result! Great post!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I started this because my friend suggested it. I wasn't really that motivated to do it but she started a weight loss contest at work and I'm very competitive. The real motivation came when I started feeling so energetic and the weight was coming off. I love God too but I figure God loves me whether I'm fat or thin. :) My dad does have high cholesterol and diabetes and was diagnosed with both at around my age. My cholesterol numbers started to creep up on me so I figured I'd lose some weight and get some exercise in hopes of bringing them back down. In the course of this, my doc discovered a Vitamin D deficiency and treated it which really helped the weight come off as well as giving me more energy than I've had in the last 20 years.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My husband - I want to be the sexy wife he deserves
    Children - we are going to try and start a family and I want to be fit and healthy for both the pregnancy and for their lives
    Pictures - I hate seeing how heavy I've become in pictures
    Life - I want to live for a long time and live to the fullest and that means being healthy enough to enjoy it
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am too motivated by the Lord. I felt the conviction of not being a good steward of this body that God has given me. I need to be putting things into my body that are healthy--physically and spiritually. Like the saying goes, "Junk in; Junk out!"

I have been trying to lose weight for over 9 years (in my own strength). I know that I need His strength to help me reach my goal and maintain it.