Feeling nauseous while working out

Options
I have a question about feeling nauseous during work outs. I find that once I finish cardio, and I begin weight lifting, when I really push myself I start feeling nauseous. A few days ago, I really thought I was going to be sick; I felt super fatigued and had to go to the change rooms to sit down. I had done about 20 mins of cardio and started doing the shoulder press. Is this because I am super out of shape and am pushing myself to far too fast? I am drinking plenty of water, and breathing well.
Does this happen to anyone else.

Replies

• FeatherontheWind
    FeatherontheWind Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Professional trainers have said to stay hydrated with sips of water during your workout, don't take gulps. This could possibly be what is causing your nausea. Also, it's better to wait 30 minutes to an hour after eating a meal before you begin your workout.

Personally I eat something small to hold me over and give me energy about 30 minutes before I begin and just sip my water during my workout. After it's over, I get a good long drink and eat some healthy protein to nourish my body and muscles. (I learned that from the professionals as well.)

Hopefully this will work for you.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    I also get that way sometimes when I workout real hard for over an hour. I found that if I didn't eat enough the day before, I start feeling sick. What I do is, have a protein shake an hour before my workout. It gives me calories to burn and energy to get through the workout. I just looked at your diary, you are a bit low on your calories. Try to up them on workout days. Once I started to up my calories, I felt better and was losing weight again. That 1200 thing is crazy if you workout also.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any cool down before starting your weights? What are you eating prior to working out?
    Make sure your heart rate is coming down before starting weight training and if you aren't eating, your body may need a little more fuel. If you ARE eating, maybe increase the time before working out to let your stomach settle. I personally struggle if I eat any sooner than an hour before
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Do you eat before a workout? That does it to me every time...
  • alexnikka
    alexnikka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think I will try and eat an hour before my work outs, which I have been doing, and up my calories . I haven’t been cooling down, which I think is a big problem. I will get the hang of it sooner or later. Its just so awful feeling like you’re gonna be sick on the gym floor!
    Thanks for your help!
  • alijane9
    alijane9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing the cardio after the weights instead? Warm up, hit weights, take a short break (with a snack to refuel) and then hit the cardio. My workouts were completely wasted if I did a spinning class before weight training...
    Realised that I've posted late to this, so hope you have got it resolved and had some good workouts since Monday!!! :smile:
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Happens to me if I don't eat enough the day before, like someone else said, not enough for my body to recover from yesterdays exertion before adding more on top of it, or working too hard, or not enough salt overall in my diet, (low blood pressure), or simply not eating often enough.