disappointing start

Options
2»

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I ate around 2000 when I did Insanity for the 60 days. . . and didn't lose any weight. I'm 5'3" and at the time I weighed 135 lbs.
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    This is me: 5 ft 1, 142 lbs (goal 120lbs) This is what I have done so far,
    Week 1: Insanity x 5 days plus 1200 cal diet, weight loss 1lb. Bit disappointed afer all that work to have only lost 1lb. Maybe 1200 cals is a bit low with the insanity stuff? Should I eat more?

1 pound in 1 week is awesome!! Escpecially since you have a lower weight to start off with. Definatly up your calories, your body wont be able to funtion for long if you keep going like that! I wouldnt worry too much about calories as long as you stay away from foods high in sugar if you are trying to loose body fat. I think im going to start insanity, havent decided yet because ill be going back to uni in a week.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump.... headed to work. Feel free to friend me. We have the same stats.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1lb is pretty good. If you end up averaging 1lb a week, consider yourself lucky. You only have 20lbs to lose, to a 1lb a week loss is good.

quoted for emphasis
    This!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eat more, and adjust your expectations.
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Eat more. I am 5'2", 138lbs and eat 1450 to lose and about 1700 on maintenance. I tried 1200 once and my body can't handle anything that low.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I ate 1400 a day and do Pilates and cardio (30 minutes on treadmil with walk/jog intervals) three or four times a week and am going to have to increase that my cal goal by another 100 soon, even as I do eat back most of exercise calories. I can already feel hunger levels increasing with the extra exercise.

Body needs fuel. If you're looking to build a super engine, then you're going to have to learn to fuel it with diesel instead of the normal Quick Trip gas. (Diesel being more food at better qualities of food.)

And things always start slowly. It builds up. Do the right things and wait. The result you want will come.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity :) i had a lot of success with month one, but not until the third week.

Although, a lot of people only lose maybe 2-4lbs their first month.

It's month two where you'll find the pounds melting off. :)

Keep a positive head though! You may not see a difference on the scale, but those 2lbs may end up being a pant size from all the inches lost instead!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    1lb is pretty good. If you end up averaging 1lb a week, consider yourself lucky. You only have 20lbs to lose, to a 1lb a week loss is good.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
  • stepho69
    stepho69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    such great support and advice thanks. I'm going to eat a bit more and carry on with insanity because I want the full package, slim and toned.