Ellipticals????

Options
jonwv
jonwv Posts: 362 Member
really been thinking about getting one..
anybody have any good recommendations?

Replies

• jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Proform or Nautilus are the best IMO. That being said, the wife wanted one and barely used it because we found a gym more convenient, so it got sold for far less than we paid for it.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We have a Sole that we purchased 2 years ago. It gets used by either me or my hubby at least twice a week. We like it a lot!
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    With the fitness clubs having a deal AND being open 24hrs it was hard for me to justify a purchase. I got a year membership. Now I get out of the house (away from pantry and fridge) and not only do an elliptical but other weights as well.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    We have a Sole that we purchased 2 years ago. It gets used by either me or my hubby at least twice a week. We like it a lot!

Ditto. We've had our Sole for probably just over 3 years now; still great. It does get considerably more use in the winter than in the summer, because I prefer to run outside except when the temp dips into the low 20's or colder, but it gets a fair amount of use and has held up well.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Only if you ALREADY love using them ........

I hate ellipticals, only use it at the gym to warmup for a few minutes ........ I have a treadmill at home ....... used it for years prior to joining the gym ...... I still use it when the weather's too awful to drive to the gym .......

Good luck !
  • jonwv
    Options
    i really like using them, will still be going to my gym for strength training just would like to have something like this for early in the mornings and i can do at the house before work
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Jon...brother I travel a lot for my work and have used some really crappy ones at the hotels I've lodged at. You're not exactly a petite sized guy, make sure you test them before you order one online.

The gym ones are thousands of dollars a piece...won't compare to what one normally budgets for.

Good luck with it...I enjoy using the ellipticals...have you looked into the rowing machines? Killer cardio workouts man...might be more enjoyable, beneficial, and last longer.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Precor. Hands down.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have a ProForm.

DO NOT go for the cheapest option. You'll regret it. Mine was $700, so not overly pricey, but much better than the really cheap one. Also, go to the store and try them out. The one I really wanted I couldn't get because the stride hurt my knees.
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a Sole E35, use it 5 days a week. Have had it for about 3 months, before that I used a NordicTrack that was several years old. Wasn't great but I was on it everyday, it got the job done. But the Sole E35 is great...quiet, smooth....Good luck!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Proform. I bought AND sold it (when I didn't use it very much) on Craig's List. Check there.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like the Home version of the Life Fitness Gym model. built really well but expensive. Will continue to use the one at the gym until I can save up enough to get one.
  • jonwv
    Options
    Jon...brother I travel a lot for my work and have used some really crappy ones at the hotels I've lodged at. You're not exactly a petite sized guy, make sure you test them before you order one online.

The gym ones are thousands of dollars a piece...won't compare to what one normally budgets for.

Good luck with it...I enjoy using the ellipticals...have you looked into the rowing machines? Killer cardio workouts man...might be more enjoyable, beneficial, and last longer.

you mean i am not petite...i have been lied to my whole life..lol lol
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have a Vision Fitness ellip - love it because you can change your incline as well as your resistance. Not inexpensive, though - I think it was around 2K. Go to a place that sells fitness equipment and try them out and talk to the sales people. They can recommend one that can work for you. Then, you can search online for the best price. I bought mine local though - delivery and set up and warranty are nice.