Spagetti squash

Options
How many cups does an average spagetti squash yield?

Replies

• kelligrundhoffer
    kelligrundhoffer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At least 4 cups if not 6 cups , love it steamed with a bit of sauce on top, also good mixed into taco meat!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How many cups does an average spagetti squash yield?

I don't know what the "average" would be, but it would be best to measure it because they can vary in size quite a bit. Though they are so low in calories that it I suppose it really won't make much difference
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Best squash ever!!!

Mine made a huge serving bowl full. Not sure how many cups, but it depends on how big the squash is really..

oh.. poke hole in the squash bake for 45 minutes or so.. scoop it out intot eh bowl
    add tomatoes, peppers, onions, yellow squash, broccli celery and some balsamic vinegar or oil and vinegar with a little pepper and a pinch of cheese..
    Simply amazing!!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! I'm having it tonight for dinner.

I would guesstimate 4-6 cups as well. I usually eat 1/2 of a medium size squash topped with homemade spaghettie sauce.

Karen
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    At least 4 cups if not 6 cups , love it steamed with a bit of sauce on top, also good mixed into taco meat!

Gotta try with taco meat...sounds yummy
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    Best squash ever!!!

Mine made a huge serving bowl full. Not sure how many cups, but it depends on how big the squash is really..

oh.. poke hole in the squash bake for 45 minutes or so.. scoop it out intot eh bowl
    add tomatoes, peppers, onions, yellow squash, broccli celery and some balsamic vinegar or oil and vinegar with a little pepper and a pinch of cheese..
    Simply amazing!!

This sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it.
  • grandbabies105
    grandbabies105 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best squash ever!!!

Simply amazing!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have made spagetti squash "pancakes" with the leftovers, add egg, parmesan cheese, basil and form into patties and fry up in a skillet, top with marinara or eat alone, so good.
  • grandbabies105
    grandbabies105 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing!!

I am knew to this - Sorry to appear too dumb but is the tomato, peppers, onion, yellow squash, brocelli cooked or raw? If cooked, then I suppose this dish is served warm but not sure iof the veggies are raw if it is warm or cold.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Does anyone in the UK know where to get Spaghetti Squash?

I had one a couple of years ago that one of my clients had grown and I loved it but I've never seen any in UK supermarkets.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Raw veggies.. cooked squash. The dish is warm. It's so good. somtimes i'll sautee the onions with garlic first.. or skip the onions.. red onions really are the best with it. You can add green olives too, if you like them. Feta cheese is my favoirite on it..

Really it's whatever veggies you like best.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    You can put some basil on it too.. so good.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm