Are we in the same boat???

Options
Hey, I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there with similar goals as mine....maybe we can support and motivate each other :smile:

I'm 27 years old. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I've always been active but I have control issues with my eating habit. I work out at a local gym 3 times per week and am just getting into walking. I work two part time jobs that keep me very busy and on the road a lot. I am engaged and will be getting married within the next two years. No kids yet but hopefully someday! My current goal is to get under 200lbs then go from there. So that means I currently have a long way to go...65 lbs. But I'm here and I'm committed!!

So that's me. Add me if you like :flowerforyou:

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello Miss_Jamie, MFP is awesome to help keep you honest or atleast aware what you eat & see the better choices one can make. I wish you the best of luck and will add you on.:smile:
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    Thanks NotSurprised, I really like it so far. I actually had an account set up last week and was on for a few days but something happened and it was deleted so I made a new account right away. I can't get over how popular it is. What a great tool for my weight loss.
    Thanks for the add and congratulations on the 55 lbs loss!! Good for you, that's fantastic! :smile:
  • NjTex
    NjTex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on having defined goals. Sometimes that is the hardest thing! I have weight issues too! Ten months ago, I weighed 265lbs and today I weigh 141 I have learned alot about controling weight since then. You are right, it is type of diet,, portion control and exercise. I did have gastric bypass so I had some help with the portion control. But it is ME who gets up every morning at 3:40 am so I can work out at least 90 minutes during the week. It is also me who has to make sure that I properly feed by body. There is a reason they classified food at "junk". It has absolutely no nutrional value at ALL. It is a mental struggle every day to make the right choices. Don't get overwhelmed. Take on meal at a time and each exercise session one at a time. Perhaps I can be your support?
  • ChinaGirl33
    Options
    Hey Miss_Jamie,
    Congrats on joining MFP :smile: . I too want to be under 200lbs by the end of the summer. I have 22 more pounds to go. This place is a great motivator. Tracking my food was a good thing for me, I am starting to eat more healthier and not snacking so much & exercising. Good luck to you on your journey, just remember you have an awesome support group here to back you up!! :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    First of all, congrats on having defined goals. Sometimes that is the hardest thing! I have weight issues too! Ten months ago, I weighed 265lbs and today I weigh 141 I have learned alot about controling weight since then. You are right, it is type of diet,, portion control and exercise. I did have gastric bypass so I had some help with the portion control. But it is ME who gets up every morning at 3:40 am so I can work out at least 90 minutes during the week. It is also me who has to make sure that I properly feed by body. There is a reason they classified food at "junk". It has absolutely no nutrional value at ALL. It is a mental struggle every day to make the right choices. Don't get overwhelmed. Take on meal at a time and each exercise session one at a time. Perhaps I can be your support?

Hey NjTex, Congrats on the huge weight loss! My starting weight is the same as what yours was. Controlling is a huge problem with me. Especially sweets. 3:40 in the morning is definitely commitment. Props to you haha. I'd love for you to be my support :smile:
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    Hey Miss_Jamie,
    Congrats on joining MFP :smile: . I too want to be under 200lbs by the end of the summer. I have 22 more pounds to go. This place is a great motivator. Tracking my food was a good thing for me, I am starting to eat more healthier and not snacking so much & exercising. Good luck to you on your journey, just remember you have an awesome support group here to back you up!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the add ChinaGirl33. 22 lbs left is fantastic, good for you! I can't get over the support already. I love it :happy: