Nike Training App

Options
just tried out the nike training app on my new iphone and it was an awesome workout. wondering if anyone else out there uses it regularly and how you like it along with your results. I was drenched with sweat the first 2 I've done so far!!!

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Bump, anyone??????
  • jgandy13
    Options
    Is this the app that is red with a white check, called Nike+Ipod?
  • alyssa92982
    Options
    Mine is white with black check and some green in background but I believe it's for iPhones and iPads?
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have it, but I havent tried it. Which workout did you do?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nike-training-club/id301521403?mt=8

If so, then yes, I use it all the time! I got tired of all my DVDs sometime last year and started rotating through workouts on the app instead. Mainly did the ones in the Get Focused section (I usually do shoulder and back, 15 minutes each workout), but have been branching out and exploring other areas. Love that it has SO many different workouts, from 15 to 45 minutes, so you can mix and match what you want to do. Some of the bonus workouts you get as you rack up minutes logged are awesome too.

I guess I could say I've had good results with it - I use it for my resistance/strength training, whatever you want to call it, with my dumbbells & medicine ball, three days a week, and I run a few miles the other three. Following that workout plan along with calorie goals found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 - I've lost more fat & inches in the last 7 or 8 months than I had in a long while, and dropped another pants size.

Edited to add: favorite bonus workout is the one from Alyson Felix. This morning I branched out of the Get Focused section and did one called Razor Sharp (30 minutes) - it was tough but awesome. :smile:
  • alyssa92982
    Options
    Wow that's great u had some nice results then!!! I've been kinda mixing up different workouts on it with some p90x workouts too. The "fast and fierce" workout I did last week was crazy!!! I rried the ab one and core ones also instead of my ab ripper x and those were always nice workouts too:)
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I recently downloaded the Nike Training Club app but I've only been able to use it once but I loved it! It was a great workout, I usually just run, but now that I am down to my last 10-15lbs, I find it's more effective for me to do more training like this. The workouts are challenging but fun and I like that you can download other workouts and get rewards :)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Nike Training Club App...stupid android doesn't have it, but I use it on my ipod touch..I love the ab circuit
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love my Nike+ app!
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Nike Training Club App...stupid android doesn't have it, but I use it on my ipod touch..I love the ab circuit

Andriod does offer it, maybe it's new but I have an Andriod phone and I recently got the app.
  • alyssa92982
    Options
    I did 1 of the leg ones along with the butt one and my legs were so sore the next day!!! Loving it so far !
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the "Get Strong" workouts? I tried this app for the first time today and did a workout in that section "worth the weight" to be exact. I want to build more muscle to lower my body fat % (hopefully) so thought I'd give that a try.