I'm new and would like friends =)

Options
Okay, so I'm a 23 years old and haven't always been this overweight. I realized recently that even though I don't feel overweight, I am definitely overweight. I decided to put my foot down and take charge of my health! I came across this site and hopefully it helps do the trick. I really took a long look at myself and wondered, "how did this happen?!" Did I get used to the wear and tear being overweight does to one's body? Because truthfully, I don't feel it. Anyway, support group would be nice =) Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm Tori...23 too...and am also wondering how in the world I got to where I am today! It was always so easy for me to keep my weight constant before, but then life catches up with you and suddenly your 'go-to' pair of jeans are 2 sizes too small! Yes, you certainly do get used to it because there are so many other things that we have to deal with as we get older. I too am looking for some more support and encouragement, as a constant yo-yo dieter, I think that might be the breaking point! Feel free to friend me, I'm full of words of encouragement!
  • chelseabrown61
    Options
    Great! I've always been big. I never really paid attention to how big I was until I caught a glimpse of some pictures. I lost 30 pounds this summer while I was on a weight loss pill given to me by my Dr. but five months after I was off the pill I gained it back! Ready to just do this forreal and lose it, and become healthy...probably for the first time in my life!!
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    22 here. :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • lacey_diane
    lacey_diane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    22 here also! I'm here if you ever need to talk!
  • Kayleylou89
    Options
    23 here and with a total of 11 stone total to lose - I will need all the help and support you guys are willing to offer :)
    Please all free to add me x
  • VolcanoMouse
    Options
    23 here! I've been on MFP on and off for a while, but this time I want to stick with it for more than a couple weeks and see some real progress. I too probably need to friend some people and get some sort of support structure. Hello, and best of luck!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Last September I celebrated the 25th anniversary of my 23rd birthday ... but that is not important.

What is important is that you have the jump on this ... an extra 25 years of really, REALLY enjoying life more so, just by some small changes right now.

Go for it and don't turn back.

I always welcome new friends as it can have a motivating, multiplying effect.

All the best !
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    im 24 and always looking for new friends and advice :)
  • EvelynMama
    Options
    Okay, so I have the craziest addiction... (drumroll) PEPSI!!! I never thought someone could be addicted to a food or drink but I seriously have a problem with Pepsi. I feel like I can't go one day without it... grrr!!! I'm afraid that once I go through my phlebotomy class I'm going to bleed Pepsi hahaha... Anyway nice to meet everyone, thanks for the friend invites =)
  • mkatetay
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Mary Kate I'm 20 years old and was always a running tell this semester when I have lost my college scholarship... I have had a hard time with this and just have not done anything but set around the house and eat.. because of this I have put on weight... Its been hard for me to get back into working out... I still have a lot of good running plans strength workouts and fitness tips for anyone that needs them...
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 23 and love making new friends on here ;)
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 24 and have been hanging around here for awhile. I took a long break and am finally getting serious again. I would love some new friends!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    24 here too :) Been calorie counting for more than a year now and even if I'm not a my UGW right now, I feel loads better! Good luck, you can do this and lose weight the healthy way if you really commit to it because mfp is a great help and does work if you're ready to work for it :)

Feel free to add me if you want to, I always try to motivate my friends and be positive -- but please do not add me if you're not going to interact with me at all ;)

xx
    Ginny
  • asigaim
    asigaim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 & I understand what you're going through. I was never overweight until my 2nd or 3rd year in college. Feel free to add me! I love having new friends on here!

Good luck!
  • EvelynMama
    Options
    I would love running advice! And swimming advice if anyone has any. So update: Last Saturday I bought a gym membership, and I've been in the gym every day ever since. Mostly I get up at 330 am (takes dedication) and get to the gym by 4am and I'm in the pool until 5 am. Mostly some moderate freestyle. My legs are soooooore! Arms, not so much. But I also stop by the gym here and there to do some resistance training, again legs and abs sooooore but arms not so much. Oh and FYI: walking planks are THE DEVIL! They burrrrrrrn =) I also changed my eating habits. I thought it would be hard but it's not. I'm averaging 1200-1600 calories a day. Instead of eating three big meals, I eat throughout the day. I bought a bunch of snack fruits, mostly presliced apples with caramel dipping sauce. They're 70 kcal per package. And I limit myself to one Pepsi a day. All in all I feel great. Sidenote: I had this dry skin problem on my forehead that I've dropped some major money in Sephora on the past couple of months. Nothing helped. Last night I looked at my forehead, it's pretty much gone! Could the water in the pool be doing this? or is it the apples? lol
    I am happy very very happy to say I dropped my fat percentage by 2% and I've lost 6 pounds this week. 4 of them being pounds of fat 2 of them pounds of water!
  • laurenmchugh3
    laurenmchugh3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 22 feel free to add me :)