New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to the sight and looking for motivational friends. I have about 100 pounds to lose to get back in shape. Will welcome any suggestions, motivation ect. Just want to say good luck to all and God bless!! :smile:

Replies

• miacoll2013
    Options
    Welcome and i want you to know a phrase that helps me whenever I don't want to workout of I really want to go to Wendy's instead of eating a homemade salad. I would tell myself, that "I have nothing to lose, but the weight". It really helps me and i hope it helps you even if it's just one day or for one meal. Hope you had a Happy New Years!!!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! I think you will find our community to be a safe, friendly, supportive place to help support you in your journey. If you need help along the way, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for posting and participating!
  • cmeyers54
    Options
    Hey!! I also have 100 pounds to lose but I know we can do this. I am also looking for motivational friends that have about the same goal as me. I woud be glad to have you as a friend and we can share tips, recipes, etc. I will send request.
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i have 100 to lose too, i have lost 26 of them, my motivation is my kids, husband , and my God. every time i am around food that do not need i think and ask myself if i will feel happy after i eat it, or will i feel happy after i turn it down. i know if i eat it i will feel so guilty later that it is no longer worth it. i am using the primal/paleo life style and have been on it for about 54 days. it is by far the only system that i don't get cravings and i actually feel full. i never have been able to get that full feeling and its great to experience that.
  • margaretmcwilliams16
    Options
    hi can u tell me what food i'm aloud to eat and what i'm not please
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    hi can u tell me what food i'm aloud to eat and what i'm not please

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...this is a wonderful site, I think you'll really like it too! My name is Sue...feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:

Wishing you all the best...you can do this, we can do this!!
  • vgillbabin
    Options
    Welcome, I just started last week as well. You are more than welcome to add me if you want, I would love to have a motivation friend as well!

Good Luck!
  • Dorrie_B
    Options
    I saw great success with MFP two years ago but took a "hiatus" for a year because of some physical problems last year. From my past experience I learned that the support you receive on this page is phenomenal. Even when I thought about just giving up or taking a day off, my friends here just kept me plugging along.

I will send you a request today and look forward to being diet-buddies. I will be on MFP each day (unless I am out of the country for work) and promise to support you on your rough days and cheer you along on your good ones!

Let's do this together! :flowerforyou:
  • laj2504
    laj2504 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and friend add...I really have to do this for me and my family....Want to be someone my God, husband, and kids are proud of!!