lost ONE pound in 2 weeks

kgabrielson01
kgabrielson01 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this dieting thing. I was getting pretty discouraged . I started working out with weights and cardio (60-90 minutes a day) and counting calories (1200/day) 2 weeks ago. At first I gained 3 pounds, then lost 3 pounds, then lost one more. Since then, the scale has not budged. Then I remembered that I measured my waist and hips..and I should measure again - Sure enough, 2 1/2 inches lost in the waist . Still waiting for the hips to decrease. What else can I do?

Replies

• kgabrielson01
    I am new to this dieting thing. I was getting pretty discouraged . I started working out with weights and cardio (60-90 minutes a day) and counting calories (1200/day) 2 weeks ago. At first I gained 3 pounds, then lost 3 pounds, then lost one more. Since then, the scale has not budged. Then I remembered that I measured my waist and hips..and I should measure again - Sure enough, 2 1/2 inches lost in the waist . Still waiting for the hips to decrease. What else can I do?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    are u eatting your exersize calories... this is big espeically if you doing cardio and only eatting 1200 a day. your body thinks your starving its self... just curious.. it makes a big differance if you are not...:bigsmile:
  • My workout partner didn't lose anyting last week - our trainer took a look at her Food Diary and compared it to the amount of working out she was doing - sure enough...she wasn't eating ENOUGH.

She was eating 1200 calories/day, and working out anywhere from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours 4 times a week. She needed to UP her Caloric intake.

Me, on the other hand....I don't lose very many lbs at a time because i have a VERY hard time drinking enough water. That's the key, I know it...but I just can't force myself to drink THAT much water.

Have you started a food journal and compared it to your workouts? If you have a trainer...they SHOULD be more than happy to take a glance at it and see what you can change...and sometimes it's a very small change, believe it or not. :)

Good luck...and DON'T GIVE UP - Lori
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    yes you definitely have to up your caloric intake if you're working out that much

at the very least either change your daily activity (i.e. if you were sedentary change it to light activity, etc)
    or add in the exercises you're doing each day and then eat those workout "bonus" calories
    you've earned them during the day so enjoy them:flowerforyou:
  • kgabrielson01
    Thanks for the tips. I have been working in the yard pretty hard too - the other day I burned 1000cals - (5 hours straight) I couldn't possibly eat that much at the end of the day. And WATER is an issue for me. I know I'm not getting enough. It's hard to believe that not eating and drinking enough is the problem! I LOVE to eat, but I'm finding out that I really don't eat that much. I will try to eat more food that my body can use - (meat, veggies etc...)
This discussion has been closed.