OMG! How many times must I "start over"

Options
Ok, so... I'm back. I weighed myself and though I knew I gained weight (clothes too tight), I am nearly back at the weight I was when I went on Jenny Craig 3 years ago and lost 30 lbs. I've gained back 24 lbs. Sigh.

:sad:

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Cheer up.

A lot of us have been there, some of us more than once.

Focus on making heatlhy lifestyle changes that will give you weight loss and a lifestyle that you can live with.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 and "found" 80. I'm sure you can do it if you stick with it.
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ok, so... I'm back. I weighed myself and though I knew I gained weight (clothes too tight), I am nearly back at the weight I was when I went on Jenny Craig 3 years ago and lost 30 lbs. I've gained back 24 lbs. Sigh.

It happens! The question is: What will you do about it? As a friend of mine loves to remind me: You only ever really fail when you quit trying.

You are still trying, so you have not quit and you have not lost. Keep up the work!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

So don't diet this time. Learn to eat the food you like in moderation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options

So don't diet this time. Learn to eat the food you like in moderation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'd recommend what this guy ^^^ said! Learn to eat better on your own, instead of a program that tells you what to eat or makes the meals for you. It's how I had to learn. I've recently been putting on mad weight, but I had to realize that it was all up to me and what I ate. Made me think about food more often, but at least it was healthier food :)
  • clijun
    clijun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    to answer your question about how many times you will have to star over. some would say as many times as nessesary. i restart every day. a friend and mentor once told me success is getting up one more time than you fell down,