Old(er) lady reaches Onederland! Woot!

Options

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done you. It makes you feel so proud of yourself to get in the gates of onederland.

I am the same, 56 and dieting off and on all my life. But found MFP and the light went on. Never lost weight so easily and kept it off. When I entered onederland I cried. I am never going back never.
  • NEGU0128
    Options
    Congratulations! Now is the hard part, staying below. Do not even for one second think that now you have it made. Case in point....A year ago I was so determined to get to Onederland that once I got there I felt I had accomplished such a great feat that I could take a small break. That break lead to gaining weight, to stop exercising altogether and then taking more time off because I moved. Once I finally realized just how far gone I was, I was back over 225. I worked so hard to get under 200 that once I got there nothing I did gave me the dedication I once had, or the drive to keep it going to actually get to my goal.

I am very proud of what you have done, I just do not want you to think that now that it took so long to get here you can relax. You have to rethink everything, rededicate yourself and make a firm new goal. This is only the beginning to a new you!

My ticker says only 3 lbs, but I had lost over 60 lbs on MFP and then let that Onederland goal take me backward. Please stay focused on the end goal, not just the 2 at the front of your weight!

Good Luck and continued success to you!!!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    It's funny how us "older" women hear that we wont be able to lose weight because we are too old. Pfffffttttt at that!

I'm 58, started at 295 pounds and current weigh 169. So let's show 'em how we can do it too!

Congrats on reaching onderland! I remember the anticipation for myself when I was approaching that goal. You are doing amazing and keep up the good work if your lifestyle changes. You're story sounds like mine, if it was a fad diet, I'd been there, done that, lost the weight and regained it all and more. So cheers to us for finally learning what we really needed to be doing all the time.

And the same for the rest of the older set on here, we're here to do it and can and WILL do it!
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you Onederlady!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It's funny how us "older" women hear that we wont be able to lose weight because we are too old. Pfffffttttt at that!

I'm 58, started at 295 pounds and current weigh 169. So let's show 'em how we can do it too!

Congrats on reaching onderland! I remember the anticipation for myself when I was approaching that goal. You are doing amazing and keep up the good work if your lifestyle changes. You're story sounds like mine, if it was a fad diet, I'd been there, done that, lost the weight and regained it all and more. So cheers to us for finally learning what we really needed to be doing all the time.

And the same for the rest of the older set on here, we're here to do it and can and WILL do it!

You're one of my shero's Dakitten! You girls ROCK!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for commenting! Looks like we old(er) gals sure can ROCK!!!! :drinker: :happy:
  • sboling79
    sboling79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hit Onderland today too!!! :) Welcome, feels great here! Now to lose like, 60 some odd more pounds.
  • ruggedBear
    Options

I still have a ways to go, but I am totally committed...and soon, I hope to incorporate moderate lifting to tone me aging muscles!

Lift NOW! It's a great way to burn more calories at rest and it's about the right time to shake up your routine so you can keep on losing steadily. Congratulations and good luck!
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great job! so proud of you!! what an inspiration! :o)
  • Gotspunk1
    Gotspunk1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! *applause*
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    Congrats to you!:happy:
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hey Gorgeous - thought i'd reply to your topic as well - WAY TO GO!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • misspezeddy
    Options
    Wow...that is awesome. Like you I was in the same boat...I was keeping the diet gurus in lavish lifestyle...but I saw this program on Dr. Phil...called the Pink Method and I was able to lose 45 pounds in 6 months...now I added this app to help me lose a few I gained back and continue to lose towards my goal....
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ... You have a long way to go to call yourself an "old(er)" lady. But you are on your way to being a slimmer lady. Great job! Keep at it!
  • nsapp
    nsapp Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! And good for you for losing prior to surgery... your knees will thank you :)

<---- can't wait to get to one-derland!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Congratulations and Welcome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!