Massachusetts Newbie

Options
Hi all. Former Weight Watchers member trying to be frugal by not paying to lose weight anymore! Halfway to goal and hope this program works for me. Would love to hear success stories along with seeing some before/after pics! :smile:

Replies

• cleanslate55
    Options
    hello I was in weight watchers also. got to much to pay. so i also thought of this. hope it works for me an you....
    :happy:
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Decided to come to MFP because I'd heard such great things about it and didn't feel like I wanted to go to WW and pay someone to tell me what I already knew. So far so good! I'm two pounds to my goal weight!

I'm in Massachusetts, too! Born and raised in Waltham but haven't lived there for 20 years. Welcome to MFP!
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am from RI (close enuf - lol). Never used WW but if you'd like to add me I'm always looking for more friends! I had loads of success with this website. It changed my life. <3 So far lost about 80 lbs over the past few years and just looking to get healthier and stronger =)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was born in MA, but have lived in NH for over 35 years now.
    I also did the WW thing several times over the years, as well as just about every other "diet" out there!
    When I came to MFP years ago, I WAS able to lose all the weight, and in fact reached my goal. I'd mainly done it through exercising, which in my case was dancing to my oldies and walking, cuz I'm too cheap to go to a gym! Anyway though, my knees were bad, and eventually I had to have both knees replaced. I have gained alittle better than half of what I'd lost, and am now back at MFP, hoping to AGAIN reach my goal!
    You will love MFP, though I've found that it's changed alot, seems to be a LOT of young members. It's nice to find some new members my own age, and hopefully we can lose together!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi. I was born in MA, but have lived in NH for over 35 years now.
    I also did the WW thing several times over the years, as well as just about every other "diet" out there!
    When I came to MFP years ago, I WAS able to lose all the weight, and in fact reached my goal. I'd mainly done it through exercising, which in my case was dancing to my oldies and walking, cuz I'm too cheap to go to a gym! Anyway though, my knees were bad, and eventually I had to have both knees replaced. I have gained alittle better than half of what I'd lost, and am now back at MFP, hoping to AGAIN reach my goal!
    You will love MFP, though I've found that it's changed alot, seems to be a LOT of young members. It's nice to find some new members my own age, and hopefully we can lose together!

We live on Cape Ann now. My daughters and their families live in NH .... we get up to visit as often as we can. I'm getting my hip replaced next week and haven't been able to exercise like I would like to, but I've managed to lose most of what I was aiming to. Hopefully when I've recovered I can get back to walking like I used to. Right now, anything over half a mile and I'm hobbling!.

Yes, lots of younger people on MFP now but some REALLY nice 40+ people, too.
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've lived in Central Mass almost all my life. I've been using MFP since May. It find it works very well for me and have recommended it friends and co-workers.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi --I've lived in Boston for over 25 years. Originally grew up outside Providence, RI. I just joined a couple days ago and am finding the site to be very helpful. I'm not trying to lose a ton of weight --anything over 15 lbs would be great. Just the extra awareness of everything you are eating I think is going to be very helpful. I do think the calories it tells me I have burned from exercise seem a little on the high side but no matter--its still good anyway. Good luck to everyone else out there.
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in central MA.

I have done WW before, and I have had more success with MFP w/excercise then I ever did with WW.
  • AML04143
    Options
    Hi All,
    Another Cape Anner here! I've been on and off MFP for about a year now after trying WW. I agree with the PP about the calorie count for exercise being a little high, but other than that I LOVE this site. Feel free to add me as I'm always looking for new "friends" and inspiration! -A
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Hi. From the south shore. Always lived in Mass.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Hello,I'm a 44 year old female from the South shore at goal but need motivators to keep me on track.Feel free to add me
  • hcivitarese
    hcivitarese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Brandy new to My Fitness Pal from Mass! I just came over from Weight Watchers, which I was on since June & lost the first half of the weight I had to lose but was stuck on a plateau & wanted to save some pennies! I'm hoping this works...
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hi
    I am from the U.K., I joined this site as my doctor was not very helpful. Have never looked back. Feel free to add me. Anybody can add me