brrr......I'm freezing.

Options
ok so I have lost over 100 lbs. I am freezing all the time. Is this an iron deficiency? or just less insulation ?

Replies

• mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the weather? LOL. I actually don't have an answer, unfortunately. But I wanted to say CONGRATS on your HUGE loss. <3 Great job!!!!
  • emr0034
    emr0034 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It could be a deficiency, but it could also just be the weight loss. I have the same problem, and I actually went to the doctor a couple of months ago because I was overdue for a physical, and because I was worried about the fact that I was so cold. He did a complete round of blood tests, and they all looked great. He said it's just the weight loss. It has been the only downside to the whole process for me, but I have finally learned to dress in layers, something I never had to do before!!

Before I went I did a lot of reading, and it can be caused by anemia, or by eating too few calories also.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Could be any one of a number of things - do you have any reason to suspect you are deficient in iron or indeed any nutrient? Do you eat a balance of ALL the food groups and of all the macronutrients? Are you taking regular exercise?
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think it just takes a while for our bodies to adjust to having less insulation, lol.