New and have questions!?

Options
Hello All! I am new to MyFitnessPal and have a question....do calories allowed a day depend on your weight? Or does everyone get the same amount of calories??

Also, do you need to eat ALL of the calories each day??

Thanks!!!

Replies

• poemmommy1
    Options
    6104536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi! Calorie needs on MFP are based on your Height, Age, Activity level, Gender and Goal.

Its really up to you but I'd say at least eat what's set for you and if you do workout, you can choose to make it a deficit.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates your calorie deficit based on your weight, activity level and how much you plan to lose each week. So yes different people will have diferent amounts, and yes you should eat them all. People are split as to how much of the exercise calories, if any, they eat back, but the basic calorie allottment calculated is pretty straight forward.

If I exercise I rarely eat back all, but I do eat back enough to not feel weak, usually around 40-60% of the extra.
  • HealthCoachRickPero
    Options
    Hi Mburlina86,
    Agree with Justk... in particular, your goal of amount of weight loss and time.
    You don't need to eat "ALL" though you could reach your goal sooner - do beware of too little calories as you could slow down your metabolism thus counteracting your weight loss efforts. Best is to eat smaller portions, throughtout the day and get a bit of movement (the 'E' word... lol) going!
    Best of Luck on your journey!!
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Just like life.... Everyone is different, and so is the calorie intake!