12 Week Gold's Gym Challenge

Options
Anyone else out there doing the challenge? I signed up and start on Jan 16th. Hopefully my abs will look like my profile photo!

Replies

• MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • speedyleidy
    speedyleidy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am going too, my Gold's hasn't started it yet.
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I start on January 14th. I did it last year and did really well (I kept it off most of the year too until the holidays came around) but I am still under from where I started last year.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    What is the challenge?
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    Athenaheim, it is 12 week challenge that Gold's Gym is offering. (body transformation type of challenge). I'm not sure of all the details yet, but my weight in is at 10:30am on Sunday.
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    I'm not giving up on findng you all just yet.. come on.. there's got to be more than 3 of us in this world - wide gold's gym challenge??!!
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing it. I'm scared to do the before pics and measurements.
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    me too. i have trouble sleeping at night because of that part! but after much though, i have never done anything like this in my life.... so i'm going for it. you can sign up w/out the pics, you just are not eligable for prizes. if you go for it, let me know... good luck.
  • MrsSardone
    Options
    me too. i have trouble sleeping at night because of that part! but after much though, i have never done anything like this in my life.... so i'm going for it. you can sign up w/out the pics, you just are not eligable for prizes. if you go for it, let me know... good luck.

The guy in my gym last year won the whole east coast for his category or something. It would be a great motivator. The only thing holding me back from doing it is I have to bring my 10 mo old to the childcare at my gym and she can only really stand an hour of being there. Are you going to get training sessions? Are you trying to lose or build muscle. Aw man, I just peeked at your diary. I'm intimidated!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Damn, I dont know that the Utah sites are doing this. I go almost daily and have not seen a thing about it..

is it a personal trainer?
  • MrsSardone
    Options
    Damn, I dont know that the Utah sites are doing this. I go almost daily and have not seen a thing about it..

is it a personal trainer?

From what I understand you can utilize a trainer if you want but its not required. It's more about making the commitment. Ask the front desk people at your gym. They should know.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I'm curious what this is all about. I love GG
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    don't forget to load on carbs and sodium for a couple days before your weigh in ;)
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    oh i'll be loading up on sodium a few days before pic day... for sure. then.. it's game on. !
    i did pay extra for 3 personal training sessions. and I am also thinking about joining the small group training. I've been at the gym at least 3x a week since Sept w/no results. TRX and powerplate training is offered at my gym. 10 classes are $85.00, that plus 3 personal training sessions should help. Classes I take are body pump + tabata spin on wed, core + cardio class on Thurs when I can. Then I just do my own thing (which has not been working). I am up to 110 walking lunges and 1010 steps on the stairmaster in 17 mins. I need to do better than that and mix in some yoga free weights. Can't wait to see what my trainer has in store for me.
  • MrsSardone
    Options
    Sigh...I gotta take more classes.
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    .. and getting out of your comfort zone. ;-)
  • MrsSardone
    Options
    Exactly!

Tomorrow ill join the challenge! Or Thursday...nah, ill do it tomorrow. :)
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    good luck! ;-)
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sign up for the challenge at my gym in Virginia. I think I will start at the end of the month because I have several events to attend in the next couple of weeks and I want to be able to go 12 weeks without derailing my challenge.
  • MarsChallenge
    Options
    great news. Looking forward to supporting each other.