Walk away the pounds 4/14/10

frogy_98
frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone,

I decided to start this thread so anyone who has WATP can post there daily workouts or has a special place to post.

I was able to get started yesterday with just the one mile WATP workout and will be shooting for the 2 mile today. I figure if I can rotate them the first week or two just to get back in the routine it will be great.

However I have a busy morning so probably wont get back on here until late this afternoon.

So I hope you all have a great and motivating day.

Tracy

Replies

• lalonzo
    lalonzo Posts: 557
    Thanks for posting!! I just started again on Monday & walked 1 1/2 miles both days - im going for day 3 today ;) Have an awesome day!!
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Got my 2 mile walk in and have done ok so far eating today. But dont think I will be having Starbucks any time to soon. Wow what a shock for the amount of calories and fat in a Machiato. But hey that is why I am doing this to get back on track with my eating.

Lalonzo great job on your work outs, Keep up the great work.

Hope to take the dog for a walk this afternoon, the weather is gorgeous here first day above 70 so I think we will be outside most of this afternoon.

Have a great rest of your day!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Just a quick reply so I can find the post this afternoon! I love the WATP and have done them religiously since March 1st. I hope I can keep it up since I've started a new job!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Good Morning everyone! I'd like to join your little group if I may. I love my morning walks, they keep me going and really relieve some of life's little stresses. I walked about 4 miles this morning, will walk again this afternoon if the weather is nice. Unfortunately our beautiful Outer Banks NC weather turned cold this morning and it was a beautiful 40 degrees, but I layered on those long-johns and got the walk in anyway. Would love the extra encouragement and support! Thanks and wish you all the best of luck today and everyday!! Cindy
  • Is there any secret? I walk almost every day and I have a steep hill so I'm getting all sorts of variety. I take my dog and she looks great but it hasn't changed a thing for me. Guess it keeps me from getting bigger and flabbier. Now that spring is here need to add other exercise to firm up. so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    are you adding running or what?
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    I started walking in April because I can't do much else. It has really helped me lose a lot of weight without injuring myself. I was a runner before injuries and when I started I didn't much like doing it. After losing 2-3 lbs per week, I've changed my mind!

I like to call it urban hiking and Every day in April I've walked about 3 miles. Basically I walk to a grocery store 1.5 miles away, buy food for the next day and walk back at a brisk pace.

Everyone, keep up the good work!
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    I'm so glad you formed this group ~ count me in for sure! I usually bike but have been wanting to get back to this for some time now.
  • im not sure how far i walk but i do 80 minutes of walking to and from school a day , not sure how much that it ( there, back and there back) unless i have to goto post office then its , there back to drop of child 2, then back up to school to post office ( 10 minutes fiurther from school ) then back , then back upto school and back home again at 3pm
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    im not sure how far i walk but i do 80 minutes of walking to and from school a day , not sure how much that it ( there, back and there back) unless i have to goto post office then its , there back to drop of child 2, then back up to school to post office ( 10 minutes fiurther from school ) then back , then back upto school and back home again at 3pm

If you are interested you can download google earth (free) and very easily by clicking on the map at each of the turns get the distance. Let me know if you need help and I'd be happy to send some instructions.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    I managed to squeeze in the 3-mile boot camp WATP video this morning before I went to work. It's a great new workout at Wal-mart if you haven't seen it yet.
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Hello,

I walk home from work five days a week...which is a 30-minute walk. On days I put a pep in my step can be home in 20-minute. Have been doing this for over a year. Thinking about adding ankle weights for more of a challenge.

Thanks
    B
This discussion has been closed.