food ideas

Options
can someone help me with some simple food ideas, is there any foods that i should keep away from, i need suggestions on breakfast meals, lunch and dinner, many thanks guys, im new at this and its already driving me crazy......lol

Replies

• TammyGazzola
    TammyGazzola Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Livestong is a great motivational site that will give you food ideas, exercise ideas etc. I hope it helps, I'm going there now to do some more reading! Good luck!

http://www.livestrong.com/food/
  • debyid
    debyid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lots of great books out there...read, read, read...and so much available on line.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    lean proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, and dairy.

take whatever you like now and eat/make healthier versions.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Honestly, eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie goals. There's no reason to avoid anything. If you feel like you're not getting enough to eat, incorporate more whole foods into your diet.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, eggs, turkey, cheese (regular ol' cheese)--good, lean proteins. I also eats lots of fresh and frozen vegetables (try to eat a big salad at least once a day) and lower sugar fruits, like apples, though I don't stay completely away from tropical fruits. Berries are really great. Nuts and seeds and only whole grain breads in moderation. I stay away from low-fat foods and artificial anything. Drink water, not diet drinks. I also stay away from white foods--white bread, regular pasta, sugary foods, etc.
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Try to eat food that keeps you fuller longer. Porridge is ideal for breakfast but if you hate it and prefer a fry up - try an egg on toast... mushrooms, tomatoes - just avoid the frying... poach grill etc.