What works for me

Options
drucole
drucole Posts: 26 Member
Most people stop exercising and/or eating properly because it becomes routine and boring or it becaomes too restrictive or rigid! DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a nutrtionist or a personal trainer, but this is what is working FOR ME. I alternate these every 3 weeks:

1800 calories At least 30 minutes of cardio at least 4 days Light week
1500 calories At least 45 minutes of cardio at least 5 days Medium week
1200 calories At least 60 minutes of cardio at least 6 days Intense week

Additional notes...
* The logic behind increasing workout with less calories is you have less time to think about not eating :laugh:
* I drink 8-12 cups of water per day and at least 3 cups of hot green tea plain (no sweetner) with every meal
* I do not get any calories from beverages (i.e. Powerade Zero or Sobe Zero) except V-8 juices NOT V-8 Splash :wink:
* I do not eat any fried foods :sad:
* I do not eat anything after 8PM (not one grape) :noway:
* I eat 6 times per day (3 meals & 3 snacks) :bigsmile:
* I make sure I eat veggies, fruits, & nuts EVERYDAY

I'm down -33 pounds since March 1st! IThis works for me, so I thought I'd share! Good Luck! :happy:

Replies

• ckzeunen
    ckzeunen Posts: 7
    Options
    Love your quote at the end!!!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Also love the quote at the end!
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    Sounds good, although diet no calorie drinks still cause insulin release so are still fattening even though they have no calories.
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey drucole, I'm with you almost exactly and with awesome results. I would add for me:

- I never cheat though it wouldn't be a big deal if I did every once in a while. I consume tons of fruits and vegetables and only lean meat and fish.
    - I try to eat about 30 g of fiber every day. This pretty much means you have to eat healthy.
    - I eat about 20g of fat each day mostly from something like olive oil (or naturally like in oatmeal) when cooking.
    - My cardio is only walking and I generally do 30-60 minutes everyday. It is pretty easy to walk 30 minutes and come back. I hurt my back so I can't do anything else but for everyone, walking is still a great exercise and you burn the same walking 1 mile and jogging 1 mile (yeah i know there are some added benefits to jogging but still....)
    - After 8pm, the only thing I'll eat is some protein like a protein shake (only protein and water). I figure my body can't really convert that protein very easily into fat and it will help with having less muscle loss since I'm not weight training.

I like the quote too. Keep up the great work!
  • sblim
    Options
    Sounds good, although diet no calorie drinks still cause insulin release so are still fattening even though they have no calories.

spacie - I've heard this before but never have I looked into it.. Do you by chance have a link to some reputable articles as I'd love to read them!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi, most diet drinks remove sugar but add aspartame as a sweetener. Aspartame is the worst sweetener, it is also used as rat poison. If you good aspartame you will be able to read about its effects on the body.

Here is a link to a brief article, it mentions how aspartame tricks the body into thinking it has ingested sugar, so your body releases insulin which then used to store fat (insulin is the 'fattening hormone).

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-sweeteners.html
  • sblim
    Options
    Thanks spacie I will check it out. I actually can't stand aspartame but splenda is another story! Again, thanks for the follow up.
  • mandy10
    mandy10 Posts: 17
    Options
    WOW!! that is a huge weight loss, thanks for the tips!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!