Meal suggestions for low carb/high protein please

Options
The meal plan I am following right now calls for low carb/high protein every other day with the exception of breakfast which you can have carbs. Any meal suggestions for this? I don't want to eat the same thing every day. Ideas for when I have to eat out at take out type places would be helpful too.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Some type of meat/fish and non-starchy vegetable sides.
  • Carebear530
    Carebear530 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Part of my problem is I'm supposed to eat 5 meals a day & I don't want to eat the same things 5 times a day. So I'm looking for recipe suggestions. I've found this is harder when eating out for lunch.
  • lulusmom
    Options
    When I eat out, I aim to go to places like Flame Broiler or Wahoo's Fish Tacos where I can get chicken and veggies (no rice). I like boiled eggs and cucumbers or carrots as a meal. I like soup (butternut squash or lentil for example) as a meal. Check out my diary. My weekday eating is better than my weekends. lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Part of my problem is I'm supposed to eat 5 meals a day & I don't want to eat the same things 5 times a day. So I'm looking for recipe suggestions. I've found this is harder when eating out for lunch.

You don't have to eat the same meat and the same veg or cook them the same way.

-- salad topped with grilled chicken, fish or steak strips, or canned tuna and a sugar free vinaigrette dressing.
    -- soup or stew with no potatoes, rice or pasta and plenty of vegetables and meat
    -- sandwich made with a low carb wrap and meat/veg
    -- roast chicken with steamed broccoli
    -- steak qu poive with a green salad
    -- seared swordfish with asparagus
    -- shrimp stir fry
    -- steak fajitas made with low carb tortillas
    -- spaghetti squash topped with a mushroom beef sauce
    -- omelettes
    -- crustless quiche

Or just google for recipes.
  • Carebear530
    Carebear530 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That is the type of info I'm looking for. :)