US Virgin Islands

Options
Amberh82
Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
anyone been? We are thinking of going this year. Any suggestions on where to go and where to stay?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My FIL has a condo is St. Croix. LOVE IT! It's in St. Cristensted and it's beautiful! I haven't been there in 3 years when I found out I was pregnant! You will absolutely love it. The people are wonderful and the weather and beaches are gorgeous and they are all public so there's no beach you can't be on. Don't forget your sunscreen! The sun is brutal down there!

Have a great time!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    We were VERY close to going there but decided on Isla Mujeres instead (little island off of Mexico) because of cost. Someday I hope to get to one of the USVI though!
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris spent the Holiday Break there. They are now just known as "US Islands"
  • GoLauraG
    Options
    My husband and I went to St Thomas a couple of years ago and did a day trip to St John. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, which I'm sure I don't have to say was lovely. ;)

If you go to St Thomas definitely hit Latitude 18. We went in the evening for the live music and atmosphere, but the food was great too. Fun dive-bar vibe if you like that kind of thing. We also ate at Oceana and Havana Blue, which are fine dining and very nice. Mim's Seaside Bistro is excellent.

All the good shopping is in Charlotte Amalie. There's lots of local shops but you've also got your fancier stores too since it's a popular cruise ship port.

Hope that helps a little. :)