OUCH - Just lost 7 pounds in just over a week.

Options
Hi
Just over a week ago I went to eat a home-made hot dog (30 seconds out of the oven I later found out). I bit into it and badly burnt the roof of my mouth. It's agony everytime I try to eat anything now.
The net effect is I have lost 7 pounds in 8 days.
Have you ever done this ? I certainly can't recommend it as a weight loss strategy though - lol.
Ian

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I do this just about everytime I have pizza...though it doesn't cause me lose weight.
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    How did the hipster burn his tongue?
    He ate his pizza before it was cool!
  • beachygirlk
    Options
    ^ LOL
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning will officially be my first week of healthy living, i couldn't wait any longer and weighed myself this morning, 7lbs lost. Totally chuffed :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I basically had this with Mono my throat was so swollen even liquids were excruciating to the point where my entire body shook every time I drank or swallowed.

Anyway you won't keep that weight off. It's mostly just water weight and lack of having food in your stomach.

Hat to break it to you lol

Now you're going to have all these crazy people burning the roofs of their mouths so they can get a thigh gap haha
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Judging by your profile pic, I would have said it's all (sea) water weight! But yeah, burning your mouth sucks. It takes way to long to heal and sould like you did a bang up job.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Have to add: the absolute worst thing to heat in microwave is a hard boiled egg. I don't like them cold so after it had been refrigerated i put in microwave for about 15 seconds.

All seemed well and it was not too hot. I took one bite and searing hot egg EXPLODED over my face and up into my nose.

I had to hold ice on my lip for hours but inside my nose just burned like mad and i could not do a damn thing about it.

Lesson learned.
  • runfrazierrun
    Options
    Have to add: the absolute worst thing to heat in microwave is a hard boiled egg. I don't like them cold so after it had been refrigerated i put in microwave for about 15 seconds.

All seemed well and it was not too hot. I took one bite and searing hot egg EXPLODED over my face and up into my nose.

I had to hold ice on my lip for hours but inside my nose just burned like mad and i could not do a damn thing about it.

Lesson learned.

Ohh wow! That does not sound fun at all!

Ill be sure to remember that lol.

And yea I pretty much burn my mouth all the time because i like my food hot and i eat very quick lol.
  • distortedhero
    distortedhero Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAAHA and how much does he weigh? An Instagram
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your comments. My mouth is slowly getting better.
    I always try to learn from my mistakes in life - so if you see some strange idiot dipping his finger in his food before eating it. It could be me lol.
    Thanks again.
    Ian
  • dmelvin3737
    dmelvin3737 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had something similar happen to me, except it was illness. In College I had strep one week, tonsilitus the week after that, and then both of them the week after that. I couldn't hardly swallow water, let alone solid food, I think I was putting down a twinkee (RIP) about every other day. I dropped a substantial amount of weight in that 3 weeks (somewhere around 30 pounds iirc). It wasn't healthy weight loss by any mean, I probably lost just as much muscle as I did fat.