MEGA Weight loss

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm a 30 year old female, married with 3 young children looking for some like minded people who have A LOT of weight to lose (as in 100 lbs or more) or people who have had success in losing a lot of weight and would like to help encourage. I need some weight loss buddies and while I know a few of my coworkers and friends are on MFP, it's easier for me sometimes receiving encouragement from those whom I haven't met in person (probably because I don't have to face you all should I fall down or fail). I'm up for good advice on how to work out when time is limited. I work a full week and come home to 3 kids and a husband wanting dinner, so I feel my time is stretched thin already. I've been on MFP before, but was never "serious" about it. Just a couple of months ago, though, my husband who is 10 years old than myself had a heart attack (and this man weighs a lot less than I do). He started watching his diet and since his attack at Thanksgiving has lost down to 210 lbs from 231. Nothing like having your husband weigh less than yourself! I'm hoping to lose a total of about 150-160 lbs and hope to accomplish a big chunk of that this year. I'm assuming my total goal will probably take me around 18 months or so. I'm not a member of a gym, so I'll be doing all my working out at home on the good ole treadmill, or hitting the trails at the local parks. Not brave enough to join a gym yet! I'd love to hear from a lot of you ....male, female, old, young, with kids or not. Leave a reply and I'd love to add some new friends on here!

Replies

• kiwi6685
    kiwi6685 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 27 and extremely overweight myself, according to doctor charts, I need to lose at least 100 pounds, but I am taking this a few days at a time, just wanting to get down to my pre-pregnancy weights to begin with. I have two children, a step son and my father-in-law is living with us too, so my life can get pretty hectic! I work full time also, but my husband is very supportive, so I often come home to a supper that has already been cooked (lucky me), I just have to do a huge chunk of the cleaning on the weekends, if I have the time! Good luck to you, I love to hear when people succeed because if they can do it, maybe, just maybe, I can too! :)
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just turned 26 and I have been overweight since I was 12 or 13. I don't have any excuse except that I was on meds and gained weight and then I ate cause I was depressed that I had gained weight. It was a bad cycle that I am now trying extremely hard to fix. The previous times I have tried i gave up when I didn't see results. I am trying not to make that mistake again. I am trying again to lose weight and I know the pressure of that big number as your goal. I am just taking my goals a week at a time. Smaller goals seem to be helping me so far. I don't feel as stressed. I wanna lose about 126lbs altho the doctor would like more (about 155). I would just like to be healthier then I am now. I hope you accomplish your goals. Good luck!
  • stefjdf01
    stefjdf01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! @Kiwi - I would love if my husband had dinner ready - that would be wonderful! And my weekend is consumed by cleaning too....that's my life right now - work; get kiddos fed, bathed, homework done and into bed; hopefully get some sleep myself; wake up and do it all over again. By the time the weekend comes my house looks trashed and by Sunday I get it clean enough just to start the process again :)@Snowblueeyes - I've been overweight most of my life, too. I lost weight during my first year of college, got married and 1 month after getting married got pregnant and gained it all back. I've had lost 70 lbs at one point back in 2008, but then went through a rough patch when my dad passed away and gained a lot of it back, then got pregnant again right after that and haven't looked back. I know the battle :( I'm really making an efford to connect to people on here this time in hopes of staying accountable!
  • gaynorv
    gaynorv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there feel free to add me as a friend, I work full to time, have 4 beautiful sons and a husband who weighs 50 llbs less than me lol thankfully he loves me no matter what!
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    add me if you like..

i did have a mega lot to lose in the beginning...im getting to the end but i love new friends...
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good on you for taking the plunge. I am 39 and have yoyo dieted all my life thanks to an adoptive mother who started my problems at 8yrs old but putting a perfectly normal sized me on a diet!!! Ive been on here for 18months now and have lost 96pounds. i love the comments i get from people they inspire me to keep going! but the biggest motivators are my children 3,nearly 14, 15 and nearly 21 yrs who say the most wonderful things to meand are so proud of me they brag to their friends about my success !!! how cool is that! Add me as a friend, here to help however i can :)
  • NikkiWalt
    NikkiWalt Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Just sent a FR - good luck to you!
  • melindainokc
    Options
    Per the doctors chart I need to lose 100 pounds as well..I am taking it day by day. :) Feel free to add me as well!!
  • jlberzinskas
    Options
    I'm with you on this! 30 years old, at least 100 lbs to lose, and just needing a change now! You got this.. it seems you are already in the right mindset, so nothing let but to do it!
  • callieslone
    Options
    Hi! First congratulations on your step into weight loss. I too have about 150-160 pounds to lose. However, I am fairly active for a gal my size. I believe exercise comes in ALL forms. For me, I coach a pep squad team and now I will have to dance more with the girls and not sit back resting while they are working hard. I also have a hungry family expecting dinner when I get home. However, I had to decide what was important to me. Worrying about what everyone eats to taking the time to exercise. We now exercise or go to the gym before dinner is eaten. My daughter receives a snack in between daycare and the time we get home. This helps with the hungy tummy. I have also called it an appetizer and that helps too.

For meals, I like to preplan and have meals that will be ready in 15 minutes or less. I find that my family responds better when we work together to get the meal on the table. I also use the crockpot A LOT for roast, soups or veggies that can cook all day.

Once you find a routine and system, this will seem like a piece of cake. Stay the course and remember we are here cheering you on!

CallieSlone
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! im 34 yrs old and a mother of 3 (16, 12 and 3yrs old) i also work full time and never really took care of myself until now. i am on a mission to be a better ME and lose over 100lbs if possible. good luck to all of you and feel free to add me for any support as we all will need.
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello, my goal is to lose 103 lb total. Started in August 2012 and have lost 44 lbs so far. Started with a BMI of 41.2% which was morbidly obese and now I'm at 34.8% which is obese. My next goal big goal is to move into the 'Overweight' category which is another 30lb from now. You can add me if you like, I'll be around for a while yet :laugh:
  • stefjdf01
    Options
    Wow Dogo187 - you are doing great!
  • stefjdf01
    Options
    suzi73 - 96lbs - that's awesome! And beautiful to boot!
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    To those who have lost around 100lbs I wonder if you could help with a skin question.

I have fears that I will manage to lose the weight but just end up being a walking lump of saggy skin. How has the skin situation worked out for you, particularly belly and bingo wings, and did you do anything in particular that really helped?

I drink lots of water, moisturise almost obsessively, I'm losing weight slowly and I'm still relatively young at 29, but I have been overweight for years.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    To those who have lost around 100lbs I wonder if you could help with a skin question.

I have fears that I will manage to lose the weight but just end up being a walking lump of saggy skin. How has the skin situation worked out for you, particularly belly and bingo wings, and did you do anything in particular that really helped?

I drink lots of water, moisturise almost obsessively, I'm losing weight slowly and I'm still relatively young at 29, but I have been overweight for years.

i have this same concern about saggy skin.