What is wrong with me!!

Options
I'm completely breaking down. I have been waking up everynight and binging on anything in sight. I am altogether just not eating right or exercising. I know what I should do but for whatever reason the more I think about doing the right thing the more in the opposite direction I go. I know, don't buy junk food, keep water by the bed or snack on something healthy. I feel like I am totally losing myself and I feel disgusted. I don't know what to do anymore, going to talk to a doctor I guess? Or I guess I could just use one good kick in a**!! Anyone ever feel this way, how did you get out of your rut? :(

Replies

• ctroxell2004
    Options
    O sister...I've had some of those days myself. You just got to be strong....my trick is eating and apple and drinking water when I'm hungry...no its not all the delicious foods I want, but I don't feel guilty afterward....just give yourself room to make mistakes....on the weekends I usually have water I want -within reason and try to eat some veggies and fruits too and take the dog for a walk!

You got this girl....;)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry or stressed? Why are you waking up at all - are you following proper sleep hygiene/ wind down routine?
  • newlyf
    newlyf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Been there....done that! I find that sometimes when I try to make changes in my lifestyle to better myself...that it tends to creat a little anxiety. If you are an emotional eater....anxiety is a major trigger for some of us. Just realize that you are NOT alone and that there is plenty of help from this fantastic community if you are willing to read and learn. Beating yourself up with negative talk will only do you more harm. Take a deep breath....realize that you are human....take just one step in the right direction today. Maybe just try telling yourself what I tell myself....2013 is MINE and I will not waist another year in an unhealthy, unhappy body. I deserve this and so do YOU!! :flowerforyou:
  • loriguegel
    Options
    Thank you ctroxell2004 :)

I think i'm a little emotional right now lol, just reading your reply made me tear up. I appreciate your input, very much.
  • loriguegel
    Options
    I think I'm stressed, I just went through a breakup in November on our 1 year anniversary, and I find myself getting back into old (and really bad) habits. I don't know why I wake up, I think my body is just used to me eating at odd hours and now expects it...
  • loriguegel
    Options
    Been there....done that! I find that sometimes when I try to make changes in my lifestyle to better myself...that it tends to creat a little anxiety. If you are an emotional eater....anxiety is a major trigger for some of us. Just realize that you are NOT alone and that there is plenty of help from this fantastic community if you are willing to read and learn. Beating yourself up with negative talk will only do you more harm. Take a deep breath....realize that you are human....take just one step in the right direction today. Maybe just try telling yourself what I tell myself....2013 is MINE and I will not waist another year in an unhealthy, unhappy body. I deserve this and so do YOU!! :flowerforyou:

OMG i'm really tearing up from this..I am absolutely an emotional eater, and the want to get healthy IS causing anxieties, I want it so bad that I feel like i'm hurting myself.. I hate this "pitty potty" feeling, I just want to RID of it!!! I love that and I will try it right away, I'm going to write it on a piece of paper and repeat it to myself.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I think I'm stressed, I just went through a breakup in November on our 1 year anniversary, and I find myself getting back into old (and really bad) habits. I don't know why I wake up, I think my body is just used to me eating at odd hours and now expects it...

Sorry to hear that. ((hugs)) Stress or clinical depression can make you sleep less deeply, more likely to wake up. Try sleep hygiene, maybe download a free relaxation or positivity or insomnia podcast? Try to make yourself eat at least some anti stress/ depression foods - foods rich in omega-3s, magnesium, B vitamins, zinc etc. And absolutely see your doctor, maybe therapy or medication to motivate you back into healthy living.