Prenatal vitamins for NON-pregos :)

Options
So I just started to take prenatal vitamins. Rainbow light the petite ones, but no I am not expecting a child, not even even planning.

I do think that vitamins for pregos are generally better formulated than the vitamins for "townspeople", so I am giving it a go.

Anyway has some experience, recommendations?!?

I can't deal with these huge pills, so I chose the petite one, so far they are easy to swallow. Downside: you got to take 3 of the,, but there is no aftertaste (at least I didn't notice it yet, and am very sensitive to it).

Have a great day :)

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i've not done this but i've considered it, and i know people who have taken them despite not being pregnant. good for the hair and nails.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I take a pre-natal due to the higher iron content, more folic acid (since I was slightly deficient on some bloodwork so the doc recommended a prenatal since I'm of child-bearing age anyway), but the downside is they don't have as much calcium as a typical women's one-a-day, which is the drawback my doctor told me about, and told me to up my leafy greens and dairy substitute/yogurt intake.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only difference is the higher amount of Folic Acid. I'm not preggo and I still take Prenatal Vitamins because Of the extra Iron for my Anemia...
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    As mentioned below, prenatals contain extra iron, which could be toxic if you consume too much. I could see taking them if you're anemic, but would check with a doctor before doing so to make sure you're getting the right dose.