Just introducing myself :)

Options
Hi everyone im Auerita (I will withheld my real name for now), i live in the UK, Im 19 years old and i weigh 238 lbs.
I currently am unemployed and a carer for my 16 year old brother who has OCD and Autism. Well where do i start.. When i was little i was quite petite, even now i have smaller than average hands, Small feet and im really short 5 ft 4.
All my school years i been quite big i was always bigger than everyone else, Which left me out of a lot of friendships and having a relationship.
When i was only 13 my Granddad passed away which had a massive impact on me, which kind of made me "man up" i then hidden behind a fake personality to make myself fit in until i was around 15.
Then when i was 16 i met my best friend who had known for a long time but hardly spoken to and hes great and to this day we stay in contact.
Sadly when i left school my Mother got diagnosed with Cancer(s) (Brain Tumor and Cervical) which she had been fighting for 2 years and i was her carer for the years she had left, Doctors always let her down so she had to suffer for 2 years which was killing me inside., in the end she passed away near x-mas time 2011 which shattered me which led me to eat a lot and all the time and ended up putting on 56 lbs a few months ago i had routine ECG scan (electrocardiogram) of my heart and it turned out abnormal so i had to go into the hospital for further tests.
In the end i got the results back and the doctor was not happy with my cholesterol level, My liver has a thin layer of fat on it (The start of Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease) and my heart was under a lot of pressure from me being so over weight, My BMI is off the chart which is shocking.. the part where it sunk in was where the doctor said if i keep this up i will be dead in under 15 years, Which really upset me im also a smoker which doesn't help my health one bit.

Anyway off the sad stuff :), I have a lovely boy friend now who means the world to me and is helping me every step of the way in becoming healthy!
ive joined this website to help my weight loss and keep myself inspired to loss the weight, im aiming to loss at least 100 lbs and tone myself up and at least see a difference before Jan 2014.
My new life starts tomorrow, and i hope to see you all every step of the way :).
If anyone is having a bad day and need a chat im always online to keep you happy!

Auerita xo =]

Replies