MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT TEAM :] LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!

Options
HI EVERYONE :] SO I WAS LOOKING FOR A TEAM TODAY AND IT SEEMS LIKE THERES SO MANY PEOPLE ON EACH TEAM... SO I DECIDED TO MAKE MY OWN... SO IF YOUR INTERESTED LEAVE A POST WITH YOUR STARTING WEIGHT AND LETS BEGIN!!!

MY STARTING WEIGHT THIS WEEK IS 179...
BUT I WEIGHED MYSELF THIS MORNING AND IM 176?
SO IM NOT COMPLAINING :]

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    It looks like we have pretty much the same goals.

My starting weight this week is 170.2 lbs.
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm in & Thursday weigh in is perfect for me. We have similar goals - My starting weight today is 164.2. My goal weight is 135. Now, how do I flag this string to return to it easily?
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm IN...would love to be part of a group of newbies as I just started on Monday!! Started Monday at 190 and I'm at 186.2 (those decimals add up!!) and want to get down to 150. A little heavier goal than y'all, but I would be thrilled with that number!!
  • coffeycat
    Options
    Can guys join this team? My starting weight is 190. Not much over my goal of around 180, but my weight is not evenly distributed where I want it. haha. Also, I'm starting P90X this weekend so hopefully I'll solve that problem. But, I need all the help I can get so keep me motivated!!!
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    when you go to the community tab... go to my topics on the top it should be one of your top topics... im excited to actually be in a team... i needed that extra push... what should our weekly challenge be this week?
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    p90x would be an awsome way to start losing weight... i call those sweat videos cause thats all you do... i have actually never did an exercise video but i downloaded some of the insanity exercises this week so im going to try on the weekend... thats the only time i could actually work out... but im going to try and make it count...
  • soundofsong
    Options
    I'm so in! I started last week I think or over the weekend at 170, my goal is 130, or somewhere around there. Right now I'm 166. This team needs a name! haha. I so need the motivation and support! LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE! All I have is an Elliptical and a Pilates Circle I use for my thighs mostly. Haven't been using it though. haha. Just started to cut out pop/soda and began to drink a lot more water and stopped snacking so much. Yesterday I went a little crazy so today I definitely need to start the exercise part!
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i'm in too! you guys all have around the same goals as me. I am at 181 this morning so next week I would like to be at 178.
  • pixiepandora
    Options
    Sounds good to me...

Start weight: 164
    Current weight: 161
    Goal weight: 133
  • trimom63
    Options
    Coffeycat...would love to know what you think of P90X!! I've looked at it, but haven't heard much about it. I have about 30 DVD workouts so that I can have some variety, but despite the number, it gets boring after while! That one looks really intense which I suppose I REALLY need!! I'm glad the weather is starting to get really nice...went out for a 3-mile walk yesterday that felt incredible!!
  • soundofsong
    Options
    Coffeycat...would love to know what you think of P90X!! I've looked at it, but haven't heard much about it. I have about 30 DVD workouts so that I can have some variety, but despite the number, it gets boring after while! That one looks really intense which I suppose I REALLY need!! I'm glad the weather is starting to get really nice...went out for a 3-mile walk yesterday that felt incredible!!

Nice, trimom63!! 3 miles, whew! A lot of my friends have been using P90x. I want to try it but am having a hard time really wanting to bad enough!
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    welcome everyone... we definetly need a new name! i sat and thought about it for like 10 minutes and couldnt think of anything... but it was like 7am so im going to use that as my excuse lol...

but i have to say that soda of any kind needs to be cut out of everyones diet... i am a recovering soda addict! i have in the past almost drank a whole 6 pack in a day! but on monday i totally gave it up! the transition was very hard... for the past week all i can think about is soda... but it gets better... and since monday i am 2 pounds smaller... so i am definelty staying away from it... and im scared if i have one or even a drink that that one sip will turn into 10 cans in the day lol...

http://www.torontosun.com/life/healthandfitness/2010/04/08/13517836-qmi.html <---- read this article its amazing... i never knew that junk food and sodas have the same addiction qualities that hard drugs have!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Thanks Soundofsong!!! It felt really good to get out and sweat...did it in 46 minutes...and I was TIRED after that! Then, to top it off, I decided to do this little 10-minute workout on a DVD that my hubby uses. Hits about every muscle group in that 10 minutes, it goes fast, and it's very straightforward.....just VERY boring...no music or anything!! ha!! So, I'm "feeling it" a little bit today, but feel very motivated!
    So, here's the question...looking at your friends that use P90X...is it "workin'" for them (in your opinion)?? ; )
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello Laides,
    Count me in. I keep trying to join smaller groups and they all fade away within a few days. I'm really trying to stay motivated and reach my goals. So the more support the better :happy:
    Start W: 183
    Current W: 169
    Goal W: 160 or maybe I'll try to go to 155
    Good luck ladies, lets get it done!
    Gaby
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    wow 3 miles is a long walk! great job!
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    welcome gaby :] i know what your saying all the small groups fade within days! this one is gonna stick around ill make sure of that :]
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If there's still room for another, I'd like to join. I am fairly new to MFP and I could really use motivation/accountability!
    Start Weight was 213ish
    this week's weight - 197.2
    Overall goal is 150, but I may change that the closer I get, we'll see.

Oh, and I must admit I too am a recovering soda addict. It was my biggest weakness...I had overcome it once about 5 years ago, but that only lasted about a year and I got hooked again. I have cut out soda from my diet and I think that is where a majority of my weight loss is from. I have allowed myself the occassional diet soda, but it's just not the same so I don't do it that often...

I'm excited to be a part of a group! Looking forward to the much needed motivation!
  • coffeycat
    Options
    trimom63, I will definitely let you know how it goes. I have friends that have completed the entire 90 day program and the results are unbelievable! Check out youtube before and after videos/pictures. After viewing them you will get the itch to try it.
  • trimom63
    Options
    I've had the "itch" after seeing it on infomercials, but I take all of those with a grain of salt!! I've never reached to scratch that itch yet...would love to have someone real life give the review!! Thanks for being willing to share!!
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    so im fighting serious temptation right now! my job is having like a pizza lunch... and im sitting at my desk which is like 5 feet away just sitting and smelling... and there cracking open sodas!!! hellllpppppp