Coffee sweetener

Options
I'd like to cut out my coffeemate flavored coffees and go for more natural half and half, but I still would like that sweet. Splenda and I don't get along. How do you sweeten your coffee?

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Sweet N Low and flavored creamer
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'd like to cut out my coffeemate flavored coffees and go for more natural half and half, but I still would like that sweet. Splenda and I don't get along. How do you sweeten your coffee?

I buy the sugar free caramel or french vanilla syrup from Sams club, walmart has a torinos brand too.
    I will then use skim milk to add the dairy creaminess.
    Sometimes if I am out of flavor I will use the stevia liquid.Last time I thought I grabbed a liquid but got some pill dispensing fake sweetener thing, I have been using that up...
    Giving up Coffemate French Vanilla was harder for me than anything else I have given up!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    truvia and skim milk
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try truvia soon. It is natural so it is a lot better for you than splenda, equal, or the like.
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try Splenda sugar blend & flavored fat free creamer
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    I cut out sweetener a while back. I use half & half or milk... whichever we have on hand. Over the holidays, we bought some egg nog and I used the rest of the container as coffee sweetener... I was happy to go back to half & half! Guess I've gotten used to it and now prefer it.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Truvia or Stevia in the raw
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Sugar. One teaspoon is only 15 calories and doesn't have that weird chemical taste that you get from the artificial stuff.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Sugar - one teaspoon is less than 20 calories. As long as you don't put heaps of it in your coffee you should be able to fit it into your calorie goal
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Just curious how is the half and half calorie wise compared to the coffee mate? I could definitely make the switch to half and half if its less in calories/fat.
  • BreakingBackSunday
    BreakingBackSunday Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use So Delicious coconut milk creamers. French Vanilla is my favorite!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm a flavored coffee creamer fan. I have tried to cut it out completely and have found that I don't care much for coffee without it. I eat clean 90% of the time so I allow myself to have the creamer a few days a weeks. On the other days, I drink green tea to get my caffiene fix.

One of these days I will give it up completely...but for now I will continue to enjoy it.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sweetened condensed milk.
  • petepete1
    Options
    Try agave organic sweeter.Its has a low glycemic index and you can get it in different flavors fron finefare, stop and shop.
  • amyghough
    Options
    I use some new kind of Coffee Mate that is "lightly sweetened". I am going to try to dial that back eventually and see if I can learn to like black coffee.
  • Findekano
    Findekano Posts: 116
    Options

If it's the artificial sweetener getting to you, you get used to it after about 2 weeks and can't taste the difference. I use Torani sugar-free syrups which are made with splenda.

Or, if you're opposed to sweeteners in general, try gradually cutting back on the sugar until you are drinking it black. Try cutting back by 1/2 packet per cup each week until you don't use any,