What Did you Want to Be When you Grew up?

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a teacher. Didn't happen....however I am now working in the educational industry and very pleased with what I do.

I may still teach but it has to be at the university/college level and I have a few more courses to go to accomplish that.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    a pervy alcoholic with a great *kitten*.

One that a man can crawl up inside and sleep in?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I got a nintendo for xmas when I was 5...3 months before SNES came out. My parents wouldn't spring for a new system so soon after getting me one, and I was devastated. I vowed I would make SNES's for a living when I grew up so my kids wouldn't have to suffer such horrible misery.

I'm a software engineer, so reasonably close.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    A mid-level administrator at an educational institution...oh wait. NVM

A rock star

-or-

I went through a phase where I wanted to study archaeology because I thought I could be like Indiana Jones. Yeah, not so much.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Is that you, Prince Charles?
  • wooduck1964
    wooduck1964 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cowboy
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I did go through a phase where all i wanted in life was to work at Baskin-Robbins. I just looked up to those scoopers so much. I thought "wow....they have REALLY MADE IT!...doin something they love doin"....lol
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dancer
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When I was little-little I wanted to be a detective (read a lot of Nate the Great stories)
    After that at some point I decided I wanted to be a graphic designer for some video game studio
    Eventually wanted to be a zoologist, until I found out that seeing a heart beat makes me faint
    In high school and college I just wanted to end up eventually being happy

And that's how I ended up as a double major Computer Scientist/Geologist. Also I finally figured out how to be happy, so I got one of 'em.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Started off as a fighter pilot like my dad, then a policeman, than a professional athlete (didn't think about which sport), then rich (didn't work out how) and now I don't want to grow up yet.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    A fighter pilot
    A surgeon

Now I'm neither....I'm an engineer.
  • melinaiz325
    Options
    Singer/actress/artist

never made it to actress or singer but i still sing everday and i still draw and paint from time to time. I ended up being a make-up artist which I LOVE!! <3
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Country music singing sensation. And I am. Every morning in the shower lol.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a mechanic for the McLaren Formula 1 Racing team. Specifically i wanted to be on the pitcrew - front right tyre changer :)

sadly, i have all the mechanical aptitude of a sponge, so i have to be content as a spectator.

Then i wanted to join the navy. Failed at 16 because I'm severely colour blind :(

So i decided i would be a barrister. I am a qualified solicitor....but I don't practice.

I'm currently working for myself as an independent consultant in healthcare and i love it.
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    I wanted to get into musical theatre or be a vet......but now I am a chef. A long way off of my dream job lol :) x x
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Is that you, Prince Charles?

hay, back off buddy. i called dibs on that anal gymnast a long time ago.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    A firetruck....No joke.

Didnt work out.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A politician.......

instead I'm just an keyboard activist.
  • cgirlygirl
    Options
    A lawyer...

Work in non-profit now as a policy/community engagement director. Not even close.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a mom. I never really had a passion to be much anything else till I became a mom. One time I wanted to be a singer, an actress or a poet. I wanted to be a web designer, I have taught myself about web design but as a child I wanted to be a mother, I did not want to be married, I did not want no man, I wanted 12 kids and no man. LOL This of course was when I was in kindergarten and boy's had cooties lol.